Zone Alarms Pro 3 & BPFTP Server

if it was normal firewall software, i could tell you that you need to allow incoming connections to whatever port your ftpd uses. but since it's halfassed CrapAlarm, i'm not sure how to configure it...i think you have to do something w/ internet/local zones or something like that..

Originally posted by bennyboyamo

What firewall do you suggest?

Ben :)

i have BFTP running thru Kerio, formally known as Tiny firewall. Check Cnet for download. It's better than ZA IMO.

I have the same problem as you bennyboyammo, I used to use Tiny Personal Firewall and then Kerio and wouldn't use anything else!

I'd tried ZA ages ago and it truly stank, I then thought i'd try Zone Alarm again and it seems to be much tighter on security and hidding system information in this latest release. Much more so than Kerio/Tiny you just have to run netstat to see how!

So I will stick with Zone Alarm for now if someone can just help us out with this damn BpFTP problem.....

thanks in advance

( Cmon Jon put your knowledge to good use!)

It's driving me crazy, BPFTPServer is set as a server but people still can't get in.

When I had ZAP2.8 everything was fine since I upgraded to ZAP3 it won't let anyone in, someone must have some ideas.

Ben