Console style RPG?

"True RPG"? Who's to say what an RPG is or isn't? All the games you named were basically D&D variants. Consoles have their fair share of real, meaty role players as well. Chrono Trigger? It's still brilliant to this day. Final Fantasy? I admit, some can be snooze fests, but when the going gets good they are absolutely enthralling. Even Pokemon was a great game  :woot:

I guess it's all opinion, though.

2299477[/snapback]

I SO share your opinion :p CT rocked!

I can't say much for other players, but I think the golden age of Nekro's true RPGs is long over.

I've played KoTOR, NWN, Morrowind, and quite frankly, in terms of storyline they aren't too exciting. KoTOR had the best story and immersion of the lot, but the inventory management and interface was quite frankly EXTREMELY pathetic to the point of actually disrupting the gameplay. Morrowind never had that much of a tight storyline in the first place, while NWN's campaigns were quite frankly more of a fetch-and-carry or kill-that-monster style (although admittedly, SoU and HoTU were much improved). Compare them with the the Baldur's Gate series, Fallout series and Planescape:Torment. Those games just had more atmosphere and a generally tighter storyline.

I guess something just didn't make the transition very well from 2D to 3D though for RPGs though.

i think the snes was the ultimate rpg console, the best rpgs are made for snes

584754101[/snapback]

I agree, that and Genesis. I would love a turn based RPG for the PC myself. If anyone finds one I sure would like to see it.