Door just opened itself!

It's only 22:38, I'm fully awake as proven by the Pure 3 homework in front of my eyes, and yet...

My bro's on the other side of the door, and the door handle just sinks and gets up again, as if someone was playing a prank by opening the door and running away. My brother who was a few metres from the door asks me why I did it, but I was a few metres from the door as well!!! I watched the door and thought someone on the other side opened it... my brother thought someone on my side was opening it... 2 witnesses, we haven't smoked/drunk/had anything weird, and we had to close the door afterwards...

I don't know what to think. The wind can open a door which isn't secured properly, but push a handle downwards and up?! :blink: :blink: :blink:

Weird thing do happen in life. I believe in the paranormal.

Maybe your above an old burial ground, mayb someone died b4 in that house or a close relative and may be a ghost or sumthin.

Check and find out if one of the above happened.

Its time to call for all the preists and excorsists in your area, your house is doomed and all the occupants are about to begin a long journey of mysterious and devious occurences...

Most likely your brother DID play a prank on you, and simply lied about opening the door to spook you (as he has obviously done). Paranormal, riiiight.... it was your brother, most definitely.

He's blaming me now :p

I'm completely close-minded to anything physics can't explain to me. I.e. no paranormal no thanks. Still weird. Hehe I'll call in the Exorcist if my brother starts swearing in Latin :p

Was there a green slime residue left? If so, that would be Slimer, the green ghost, from Ghostbusters. He did that kind of thing.

yay for Slimer! :woot:

Was there a green slime residue left? If so, that would be Slimer, the green ghost, from Ghostbusters. He did that kind of thing.

yay for Slimer! :woot:

:rofl:

Just because science can't explain it now doesn't mean it isn't real. I mean, thats like saying that if you had been around before Newton...well, you get the point. Science is ever-evolving, and perhaps in a hundred years there will be proof of the "paranormal." And there ARE some people who think that with the way explorations into quantum mechanics are going, science could very soon look like magick or the paranormal.

Just because science can't explain it now doesn't mean it isn't real. I mean, thats like saying that if you had been around before Newton...well, you get the point. Science is ever-evolving, and perhaps in a hundred years there will be proof of the "paranormal." And there ARE some people who think that with the way explorations into quantum mechanics are going, science could very soon look like magick or the paranormal.

Just cos quantum mechanics (Q.E.D. theory and the such) seem weird doesn't mean ghosts exist. Oh, and quantum physics is the only theory (bar evolution) in science which has been proved pretty much to 100% certainty (i.e. all experiments done back up the theory). I'm just a close minded atheist I guess. I still respect other people's beliefs though.

I'm sure to someone watching a solar sail in action it may seem like "magic" but in fact it's very logical and easy to understand (if I can understand the principles behind it, anyone can).

Oh, and it's spelt "magic". Sorry couldn't resist :p

Alrighty...

Two things here:

1) One could surmise that indeed something paranormal did indeed move the handle. Let's dig up some proof (not just theoretical articles) that this kind of thing happens.

2) Disprove the brother had anything to do with it.

Alrighty...

Two things here:

1) One could surmise that indeed something paranormal did indeed move the handle. Let's dig up some proof (not just theoretical articles) that this kind of thing happens.

2) Disprove the brother had anything to do with it.

All I want is a rational explanation which agrees with the laws of classical physics (or even quantum physics, like a human being diffracts when he/she goes through a door, as technically it's an aperture, but the diffraction is of the order of 10^-18m which is far below the size of an atom... which is why we don't notice it :p).

All I want is a rational explanation which agrees with the laws of classical physics (or even quantum physics, like a human being diffracts when he/she goes through a door, as technically it's an aperture, but the diffraction is of the order of 10^-18m which is far below the size of an atom... which is why we don't notice it :p).

yes. use quantum physics in this case.

let me know when you come up with something.

yes. use quantum physics in this case.

let me know when you come up with something.

Bush nuked my door handle. There's no other possible explanation. It's a special test of target-specific radiation. We'll all be dead in the next few hours.

Just cos quantum mechanics (Q.E.D. theory and the such) seem weird doesn't mean ghosts exist. Oh, and quantum physics is the only theory (bar evolution) in science which has been proved pretty much to 100% certainty (i.e. all experiments done back up the theory). I'm just a close minded atheist I guess. I still respect other people's beliefs though.

I'm sure to someone watching a solar sail in action it may seem like "magic" but in fact it's very logical and easy to understand (if I can understand the principles behind it, anyone can).

Oh, and it's spelt "magic". Sorry couldn't resist :p

I was simply using it as an example of what seems strange and odd, even now, may ONE DAY be proven to be science. I'm definitely not gonna claim that it proves the paranormal actually exist, but I'm saying it shows that we shouldn't believe that there is no chance of it ever being proven in the future.

Oh, and btw, its NOT spelled magic...magic is carnival tricks and slight of hand, MAGICK is the actual casting of spells and such. People a while back who practice magick and believe in it didn't want to be confused w/ admitted illusionists, so they spell it different to differentiate.

tell you what, play what happend as a prank on your brother and act as if the door is acting wierd again. If he was indeed playing a prank on you he would say its not possible, otherwise he would just freak out some more :p

Bush nuked my door handle. There's no other possible explanation. It's a special test of target-specific radiation. We'll all be dead in the next few hours.

ahh yes. Bush again. This belongs in conspiracy theories or end of the world thread.

I don't know what to think. The wind can open a door which isn't secured properly, but push a handle downwards and up?! :blink: :blink: :blink:

:woot: Your house is haunted !

there is a form of science we forgot about: the idea of thought manifesting it's self...your brother wanted to open the door right?....did his mind do it....there is also another possiblity

that it opened because he was going to open it....due to time, difference shifts....anotherwords the effect occured before the cause, so really there is a tear in time right there....you might be able to jump into it if you jump at the closed door!!!

Hurry there is not much time, jump now!!!

It's a poltergeist. I used to have one we called "Albert the friendly poltergeist" that would turn lights on and off, and even turn the microwave on!

Sounds like to me there was a slight hiccup within the Time-Space Continuum Line.

Point A - Your Present

briefly overlapped with

Point B - Either The Past or The Future of the environment

and you witnessed it happening...

This Theory can be applied to many Phenomenon's, not just this one... Simply Just Quantum Physics at its finest...

Sounds like to me there was a slight hiccup within the Time-Space Continuum Line.

Point A - Your Present

briefly overlapped with

Point B - Either The Past or The Future of the environment

and you witnessed it happening...

This Theory can be applied to many Phenomenon's, not just this one... Simply Just Quantum Physics at its finest...

didn't i state that 2 post above you?

see time is ****ing up!!!!

quick if we click fast enough on the add reply we might be able to change history!!!!! :rofl:

didn't i state that 2 post above you?

see time is ****ing up!!!!

quick if we click fast enough on the add reply we might be able to change history!!!!!  :rofl:

LOL.

You semi did kind of explain it but you also had a very specific situation.

I left the door open because in my example Point B actually could have been 20 years ago or 100 years from now, whenever, and it could very well have been neither himself or his brother.

This is also my theory for ghosts, etc. as well. So, umm, Actually you didn't really say the same thing :D

And there is a much easier way to change history then by trying to be quick enough on your click. It is really easy...

Post something, then click Edit. Repeat as many times as you like, and you just changed History everytime. ;)