Pistons are NBA CHAMP!

^_^ Did you not see Rasheed Wallace get called in the first couple of games, FOR NO APPARENT REASON?!.

I'm glad the Lakers got mad foul's because it was ridiculous to say they shouldn't of been called, it was just good offensive *DRIVING* (specifically by Tayshaun Prince tonight) that caused fouls to be called.

The game was called fairly, in my humble opinion. I'm surprised how good Detroit played even w/out RASHEED (aka "the Savior").

I was so happy Kobe, that f'in rapist, lost..........it's about time the Lakers got pwned.

I'm not one of those people that hates the Lakers for no reason. The Lakers have always thought they were a team that could just turn it on and off when they wanted to and for a while they were lucky enough to be able to get away with that but now we are starting to see that sometimes when you go to turn it on it's not always there, the Spurs showed that and so did the Pistons.

I hate that because I was a big Jordan fan, a man who played as hard in practice as he did in games, a man who played his best from the first minute to his last, and a man who played as hard at forty as he did at twenty.

One of the reasons Kobe has become known as a great fourth quarter player is because he plays like **** for three quarters and then tries to turn it on when he needs to, that disappoints me because I can only imagine how good he could be if he gave that same effort over fortyeight minutes.

I didn't want to see Gary Payton or Karl Malone win a championship while riding the coattails of Shaq and Kobe, everyone knows that regardless of what occured during the offseason with those two players alone they could make and be competitive in the playoffs, Karl and Gary knew that and tried to jump on the train and go for a championship ride, but you don't win a ring you earn one, it's not a cracker jack prize, and they both had their chances but Gary and the Sonics lost to the Bulls as did Karl and the Jazz, twice.

The Pistons put themselves in a great position to go far when they got Rasheed, barring any playoff meltdowns from him, and there are a lot of other players on that team that are hard working, and not just great athletes but great people.

Richard Hamilton was the go to guy on a horrible team and finally got his time to shine while with the Pistons, he played well enough that it's certainly not out of the question for him to be considered the MVP of the finals, although Chauncy played well also.

I'm not all that happy with Larry Brown, it's sort of similar to Gary and Karl, he went from a Sixers team he couldn't get over the hump with to a team that had good chances before he even got there, I really think more credit is deserved for Rasheed then for Larry, I have an easier time buying Rasheed and Rick Carlisle winning a championship together then I do Larry Brown and no Rasheed. Don't get me wrong, I watched Larry coach when he coached the Spurs and he is a great coach, but right about now he seems slightly overrated.

Who could have imagined Chauncy Billups being the finals MVP and Rasheed Wallace winning a ring..... I really didn't even think LA would make it this far, San Antonio should have beaten them and Minnesota could have with Sam Cassell...

Anyhow that's just my two cents...

YEA BABY. I"M FROM DETROIT. IM SO GLAD TO SEE THESE BOYS GET THE TITLE. :D :D :D

2004 WORLD CHAMPIONS

when the fakers signed malone.. they signed a curse. it just wasnt meant to be. Faker fans.. dont give me that referee bs because you guys got a lot of calls your way, especially tonight. :D

feel little sad for Karl Malone... man how many times hes been in finals...

Karl Malone is one of the dirtiest players to ever play the game. He doesn't deserve a title.

feel little sad for Karl Malone... man how many times hes been in finals...

are u freaking kidding me? karl has no heart. he doesnt deserve a ring. he plays dirty. real dirty. he doesnt respect the game. the only reason why he joined the lakers was so he could get a ring. and on top of all that, he didnt even play in game 5 cuz of his "bad knee". the man has no desire or heart. this is the last game he had an opportunity to play in and he passed it up. its obvious that he didnt want the ring as bad as the pistons team or else he would have been able to work through a bad knee, asuming his game input could have changed the outcome. larry brown, ben wallace, cbill, joe d: they all deserved their rings more than ne one over at the lakers club.

woot my 2004 nba finals dream came true!

die lakers die!

congrats detriot. glad to see the motor city get a title.

also, how about the owner? won the stanley cup and the nba title. his team is favored in the wnba also. hahahha

ownage.

They sure did put it to the Lakers. Too bad Phil did not win his 10th championship, but at least this way that leech Gary Payton won't be able to "buy" his ring by latching on to a winning franchise. Besides, Shaq should have been in better shape and conditioned more in the offseason. I wonder if he retires after this?

Congratulations to a smothering defense for getting it done. Good job Pistons. (Y)

woot my 2004 nba finals dream came true!

die lakers die!

congrats detriot. glad to see the motor city get a title.

also, how about the owner? won the stanley cup and the nba title. his team is favored in the wnba also. hahahha

ownage.

the shock, the wnba team he owns, won the title earlier this year. ;)

Larry Brown was very classy. I heard him on the radio and he said he was grateful to have inherited a great team from the previous coach Rick Carlaisle and that it was his groundwork that laid the foundation for this to happen. That is really classy. I was shocked when Detroit fired Cralaisle after last year and it is good to see him get the credit for helping to make Detroit a winner. It makes me feel better about Larry Brown taking over the team and more happy that he won the championship. Good job Larry. Way to be humble. (Y)

I have so much dislike for the Detroit Pistons.

I really think that there has been a referring problem the entire finals games. But hey, I am sure I will get flamed back posting my own opinion, doubtfully to return to this thread anyways.

Do I think the Lakers should of won? yes and no, I am not a true lakers fan, I am not even a fan of basketball at all, I do not watch sports that often, this was a rare occasion that I did. I really think there were a lot of unfair calls or at least not enough calls for the Pistons.

I am NOT saying that the Lakers played all like they could of, in any of the games.

Not that it matters, just times that I would watch any finals games or semi-finals, I thought there were a lot of problems in games with the referees, maybe some were good, not like I actually kept track of so much of the referring..

Oh well, it does not matter, I am not saying the Pistons did not deserve it, I can not say I hate them when I do not know them, only that I dislike some of them, how the players played.

And even for all the teams that have to act so much when they get hurt, or even get a call fouled on them, I loved the entire time when pistons would be like what?! how?! I am not saying the Lakers did not do this, because like everyone ALMOST does it...

That ends it... flame away as if I cared....

The last time I cared for basketball was when the Chicago Bulls fall apart and all the players I loved move on to different teams.. and that was that :p and last team I liked.

LMAO...

For one, the Lakers have the King of flopping on their team, Karl Malone. If you think any Piston was trying to get a call ever in the finals, then multiply that by 100 and you'll get how bad Karl Malone tries to get fouls called. Shaq and Kobe also command some amazing respect on the court and get calls to go their way more than, I'd say, probably anyone else in the game. If the other Lakers would have at least played with more spunk and tried to draw a few more fouls then perhaps I'd agree with you.

I find it funny that you criticize the Pistons for trying to get fouls when Phil Jackson came out publically and said that the refs weren't calling it -- trying to get fouls called in favor of the Lakers! If that's not disrespectful I don't know what is. I can't stand when coaches and GM's go out and tell the media that the refs sucked, they're not getting fouls called for them, etc.

I'd like to see some examples of fouls that weren't called. Give me examples and then I'll believe you. I think the finals were pretty damn fair in the fouls called. If you watched the last game you'll notice that the Pistons had tons of fouls called on them in the first half because they weren't playing smart until the end of the 2nd period. This all changed in the second half of the game and they played smart ball.

And, no, the Lakers could not have won the series. And, no, they should not have won that game.

,Jun 16 2004, 07:27] IMO Hamilton deserved the MVP

I think Big Ben deserved it. He's the epitome/symbol of everything the Pistons stand for. He has amazing defense, he's a beast on the court, and he always goes all out.

It was hard to give the MVP to just one person, though, and any choice would probably have been a good one.

Lucky owner of Detroit.

I think he owns both the NHL Hockey Champs and the NBA Champs, Tamba Bay and Detroit Pistons. Both the teams he owns won the championship in the same year! That is incredible. :woot:

BTW, it does sound like Phil may retire and Kobe may leave the Lakers, especially if Shaq stays. Phil said last night on ESPN in an interview they played that he thinks it is time to hang it up but he wants to take time to think it over. That is what they are playing on the radio today. There was another interview with Jack Ramsey of ESPN where Phil said he doubted he would be back with LA next year. That was taped on Monday I think.

deetrooit~~~~~~~~basket~~~ball....

they own lakers totally today. i was awake the whole night watching the germany and holland match. i was gonna fall asleep but the awesome play by the pistosn woke me up. great game.