[NBA] McGrady traded

The Orlando Magic lost one superstar eight years ago when Shaquille O'Neal left via free agency. Now they may trade away another one.

Tracy McGrady, who can become a free agent next year, informed the Magic on Friday that he does not want to re-sign with the club, league sources told the Orlando Sentinel.

In order to avoid losing McGrady without compensation, the Magic are expected to explore trade options. McGrady, who has led the NBA in scoring the past two seasons, should draw heavy interest.

Although McGrady could not be reached for comment on Friday, he has said he would opt to leave if he didn't think the Magic could improve quickly. Orlando fell to a league-worst 21-61 record next season and has the No. 1 pick in the draft. McGrady had hoped the team would trade the pick for veteran help, but the club wants to keep the selection.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1824663

hmm. get a #1 pick and try to keep tracy? or send him off for a veteran?

i just hope they dont draft the busted back okefor.

i feel bad for orlando, but at least they have first pick. and if they do let go of tmac i would hate to be the rookie that gets picked, but that's the way it is.

Orlando just got unlucky, Grant Hill and Tracy McGrady were suppose to power that team. Hill got hurt, McGrady was all by himself......only consistant scorer on the team.

Now Orlando is going :no: to have a tough time making that team competitive with not a whole lot of further options.

all i have to say is, my man isiah thomas, please work some gm magic and get T-Mac on the KNICKS!!

man... magic have lost all of my interest. used to like wcthing basketball and going to ames when they had a good team, but now they blow :(

the definition of a fairweather fan

they could trade him to a team like the bulls and get a couple of good young players

From a Bull's fan perspective, that would be great. But from McGrady's point of view, why would he go to a even crappier team.

what if they got shaq back...

tmac, shaq, and the #1 draft pick.

i would do anything possible to make that happen if i was orlando.

maybe even trade the #1 pick for shaq.

HOUSTON (AP) -- Houston Rockets point guard Steve Francis could soon be traded to the Orlando Magic for Tracy McGrady, the Houston Chronicle reported in its online edition Monday night.

Jeff Fried, Francis' agent, told the newspaper that Rockets general manager Carroll Dawson told him the trade was not complete but was close.

"I spoke to Carroll and it was not a done deal," Fried said. "It's close. It's subject to a few contingencies."

He said for the deal to work there will need to be some maneuvering involving Tuesday's expansion draft. The newspaper reported the deal also could include Rockets Kelvin Cato and Cuttino Mobley and bring forward Juwan Howard from the Magic. It said other than Francis and McGrady, players involved could change depending on salary-cap requirements that were still uncertain.

Francis wants to remain in Houston.

"I thought we were really building something, something very good in Houston," Francis said. "Obviously that's not the direction they want to go. I still think we could be a very good team.

"I'm not crying. Like I told you before, I know this is a business. Things like that happen. I'm not mad. I'm not upset. This is what they're trying to do. But like I said, I still think we could be something."

Francis wouldn't comment about the possibility of going to the Magic.

Fried told the newspaper that Francis wasn't happy about the prospects of playing for the Magic in a rebuilding situation.

"Steve's preference is to not go to Orlando," Fried said. "Steve's tasted the playoffs. [The Rockets]got a series under their belts. He was looking forward to going further with the same Rockets team but with another year of experience together. This is certainly not his preference. He loves Houston."

Francis has averaged 19.3 points, 6.4 assists and 6.1 rebounds in five seasons with the Rockets.

McGrady led the NBA in scoring the past two seasons, averaging 28 points per game last season.

dude, if kobe goes to phoenix. that would be weird.

i don't know if he's gonna. he said his wife wants to stay in L.A. so he just might go to Clippers, they're offering him high pay and captain of the team.

i wonder what the lakers are offering :unsure:

The lakers can offer him the max contract. I think its 7 yrs, $140 million but don't quote me on that. Everyone is trying to figure out which teams have the most cap room, but they seem to forget that no matter what team offers him, the lakers still have the ability to offer him the largest contract.

lol nice one boog.

tmac and yao. that would own.

but there are rumors that shaq may get traded for dirk nowitski.... ?

having both big men in the state of texas? :wacko:

Rumor has it, Tmac, Jawaun Howard, and Tyrne Lue for Steve Francis, Cuttino Mobely, and Kelvin Cato....huge deal....Tmac goes to houston.

This deal is most likely to be completely cause the Bobcats did not pick either of the players in their expansion draft. We'll just have to wait for the official announcement, this will be a Titanic trade involving players which can affect the league.