[NBA] McGrady traded

All I know is, this is going to be the worst draft in a long time. I'm sorry but although I like Okafor and his work ethic, the dude doesn't score, and the 2nd pick in the draft is expected to be Dwight Howard, some dude from high school?? Every year the NBA gets dumber and dumber...and by that I mean that the intelligence on the basketball court.

LeBron James - RoY, high school, no playoffs

Carmelo Anthony - Runner-up, 1 year college, first-round playoffs

Dwayne Wade - 3rd place, 3 years college, second-round playoffs

Anyone care to see the coincidence?

Anyway, on-topic...Orlando is the East Coast version of the Warriors. Unwilling to spend money on building a winning team so the star players go elsewhere. I'm not sure how Tracy McGrady will function in Houston with a defensive-minded coach like Van Gundy - T-Mac has NO defense at all. I feel more badly for Steve Francis. As he said, Houston was on to something big with Yao, Francis, and Mobley. And Yao hasn't exactly proved himself in the NBA, either. He doesn't have big games unless he's playing Shaq when he should be dominating EVERY SINGLE NIGHT.

It will be interesting.

All I know is, this is going to be the worst draft in a long time. I'm sorry but although I like Okafor and his work ethic, the dude doesn't score, and the 2nd pick in the draft is expected to be Dwight Howard, some dude from high school?? Every year the NBA gets dumber and dumber...and by that I mean that the intelligence on the basketball court.

LeBron James - RoY, high school, no playoffs

Carmelo Anthony - Runner-up, 1 year college, first-round playoffs

Dwayne Wade - 3rd place, 3 years college, second-round playoffs

Anyone care to see the coincidence?

Anyway, on-topic...Orlando is the East Coast version of the Warriors. Unwilling to spend money on building a winning team so the star players go elsewhere. I'm not sure how Tracy McGrady will function in Houston with a defensive-minded coach like Van Gundy - T-Mac has NO defense at all. I feel more badly for Steve Francis. As he said, Houston was on to something big with Yao, Francis, and Mobley. And Yao hasn't exactly proved himself in the NBA, either. He doesn't have big games unless he's playing Shaq when he should be dominating EVERY SINGLE NIGHT.

It will be interesting.

I 100% agree.

Shaun Livingston is from Peoria here in IL, and I've seen him play a few times, and I am TOTALLY unimpressed with him.

If you are going to make the jump from High School to NBA, you better just put everyone else to shame...Livingston didn't.

This guy is supposed to go as high as #3. : :blink:

What happened to Vancouver Grizzlies? The franchise moved to Memphis right? Why?

Offtopic: Your sig is scary BOOG.

Because Vancouver had no fan base. No profit, no team.

I thought the franchise moved because NBA wanted to be an All US based league.

Nope...if that were the case, Vancouver would never have been given a franchise in the first place.

If Orlando can somehow get another big man in free agency, I think Orlando might be pretty decent. I really like the backcourt of Steve Francis and Cuttino Mobley, and Kelvin Cato can be a force in the East with their lack of dominate big men.

Again, I don't understand the drafting of Dwight Howard when they could have had an experienced Emeka Okafor. Just makes no sense, especially since they knew BEFORE the draft that this trade most likely would happen. And if you get Francis and Mobley, you don't really need to find another scorer, and Okafor is the type of teammate who doesn't demand the ball on the offensive side. But, I also can't comment on Dwight Howard because I've never seen him play.

The more this drags on the more I feel sorry for Steve Francis and the more I like him. He wanted to stay in Houston for a reason - because he likes the team and they have a chance to be really good. He may not be the quintessential point guard, but at least he TRIED to change his game into a point guard's mentality for the sake of the team.

How many people think Tracy McGrady will actually defer to Yao Ming? If Jeff Van Gundy thought Steve Francis had problems in his system, I can't imagine how he'll feel about T-Mac halfway through the season. Don't get me wrong, I like McGrady, I think he's the best 2 guard in the NBA...but he is one dimensional and has no idea how to adjust to teams making defensive adjustments on him. Anyone remember his whining and complaining after one game last season when he kept getting double-teamed and how no idea what to do about it? Classic.

Plus, once again, he doesn't play defense, something Van Gundy stresses. And Tyronn Lue is expected to be the point guard in a conference which has Tony Parker, Sam Cassell, Mike Bibby, etc.? Please.

what a huge trade, but i think orlando got the better deal. they got rid of a player that wasn't going to sign with them along with a couple of has beens and got mobly, francis, and cato.

The trade could favor either side in how the new players relate to thier new team.

Team chemistry is everything.

i think the magic got the better end of the deal. Francis and Mobley complement each other and play well together. McGrady is going to have a hard time playing with a center like Yao. He's used to being the first scoring option which is why he left the Raptors. He's going to find it difficult to play under Van Gundy's system while the Magic have a far better squad than last year with the Francis-Mobley backcourt and Howard on their team.. but as baseballpro9 said, it depends on chemistry and how McGrady adapts to his new team