Do you have a Mac and PC?

I have noticed that there a lot of people that have both Mac's and PC's. I have both but my reason is simple, I'm a freak that has to have ALL the cool gadgets. I like and use both equally. I have most of the same software on both, so I just use whichever one I feel like using on a particular day.

My question is why do you have both? Are there specific programs and or tasks that one can do but the other can't? Or do you have both just because (like me)??

:)

Both.

I use my PC every now and then, mostly to play GTA3 and Battlefield 1942. (Battlefield 1942 for Mac will be shipping on June 2nd! :woot: )

I use my PowerBook for pretty much everything else. Like web browsing, checking emails, web designing and programming, SQL Databases, and gaming. (UT2004, WarCraft III, Halo and Call of Duty).

I too must have every single gadget I can get my hands on. I also have an iPod mini (which I rarely use, because I forget I own one, but when I use it it's a pleasure to use), and an iPAQ 2215 which I haven't used in over a month. It's somewhere in my room, that's a fact, I just don't know exactly where. :laugh:

I have both.

Simply because I switched to Mac 1 1/2 months ago and have not sold all my x86 computers yet!

I actually sold my latest x86 workstation today, but I still have a Dell laptop t sell (which has not been booted for 30+ days). ;)

I have PCs running OpenBSD to handle server tasks because that is a darn good platform for that roll. Anything that someone might actually 'use' runs OS X.

PC is used for file-serving, a bit of gaming if I get the chance (which is rarely), testing, DVD burning, backup, and that's about it. I use my Powerbook for everying else.

I have the Mac for video editing, as my PC has a habit of sucking badly when editing 10GB movies.

I also use the Mac for general browsing and MSN when my Dad takes the Windows machine

I have the Windows PC for gaming, e-mail and internet browsing/general use.

Macs arent that expensive :s Why do people always complain?

seriosuly, i mean dosent EVERYONE have an extra two thousand dollars lieing (stupid spelling) around to buy a G5?

i wouldnt touch an imac with a ten foot pole.

seriosuly, i mean dosent EVERYONE have an extra two thousand dollars lieing (stupid spelling) around to buy a G5?

i wouldnt touch an imac with a ten foot pole.

I must admit, I think they are expensive, but then I've never looked that high at PC or Mac. iMacs are gorgeous.

I have a Dell for work (manditory FrontPage usage... it pains me to use it :pinch:) and and the occasional Roller Coaster Tycoon fix :p

Mac for everything else :) :happy:

I use a Mac for surfing the web, checking email and storing digital pictures (that's basically all they are good for, well there are some games too but they don't run too great compared to the PC) and then my Wintel notebook for everything else. :D

I must admit, I think they are expensive, but then I've never looked that high at PC or Mac. iMacs are gorgeous.

yes gorgeous i must admit, i played chesso n one yesterday at the orthodontist while i was getting my braces tightened. however, you cant upgrade the video card and etc. so its not for me.

yes gorgeous i must admit, i played chesso n one yesterday at the orthodontist while i was getting my braces tightened. however, you cant upgrade the video card and etc. so its not for me.

See I think that's why people who like to upgrade all the time go for PCs. For me, it's just too tiring upgrading everything all the time. Especially as I dont play ANY games on the computer.