.net passport with gmail

I just made .net passport for my gmail adress because I want to go on msn with that adress. Problem is: I can't change my nickname. It just keeps saying my email adress. And someone told me that when opening a chatwindow it says that my email adress is not verified or something...

You have to wait (sometimes it can take 72 hours) for MSN/Hotmail to send you an email asking you to prove that you are you. It does come through, in the mean time you just have to wait.

i am using my gmail address for my msn messenger account right now!

before you can change your name [ like _//_TechTV said ] you have to prove that you are you.

i got mine instantly, try signing up again maybe.

damn, I had a verification email yesterday (I signed up for .net passport yesterday) and I followed the instructions. Afterwards I got an email back that my account was succesfully verified. I just click the link again from the first mail so I verified it for a second time and now it works. Strange things. But now I'm a happy man ;) hehe.

thx for the help

damn, I had a verification email yesterday (I signed up for .net passport yesterday) and I followed the instructions. Afterwards I got an email back that my account was succesfully verified. I just click the link again from the first mail so I verified it for a second time and now it works. Strange things. But now I'm a happy man ;) hehe.

thx for the help

well good job.

are you using gmail as your primary account now?

i am and i am contemplating not too :pinch:

I don't understand the word contemplating... :p

I just made a .net passport for fun but I'll probably switch, might be today already. I trust google and I hope that gmail doesn't dissapear at some time so I that I never have to switch again from account. I was searching for a good alias provider for my mail so I could make .net passport for that and could switch email adress whenever was needed. But I gave up on that search and just going to use my gmail adress I think.

not an easy way that I know off. But you can when you get 'pop goes to gmail' and then add that pop account in msn plus! . Don't know if it works though. The only way that I know off. Not that simple for just checking emails...

Is there a way to check your Gmail though msn messenger yet?

you can use Msg Plus! along with PGTGM [pop goes the gmail] to recieve email, and configure your Msg Plus to check for email every xx time.

PGTGM also has an option to do this as well..

i do believe this is the only way to implement this :unsure:

Messenger Plus!

PGTGM

yes, you can hide it in XP

[right click Star>Properties>Tasbar> Customize and set it to always hige the icon

Yeah but then you got that arrow button which is just as bad as having the icon there

But do i need to run that pop goes the gmail prog at the taskbar all the time?

Yep. It runs like a pop server locally on your pc. When it doesn't run then msg plus! can't connect to the pop server of 'pop goes to gmail' you inserted in the configuration. So it has to stay on all the time.

But I didn't know about the option that oilslick mentioned of pgtg. Maybe that's what you want and then you don't need to have plus!

Yeah but then you got that arrow button which is just as bad as having the icon there

true, but it is alot better than the actual icon

i have multiple things hidden so it doesn't really bother me

you can probably find a program on the net that hides the icon..search around [google perhaps]

true, but it is alot better than the actual icon

i have multiple things hidden so it doesn't really bother me

you can probably find a program on the net that hides the icon..search around [google perhaps]

cool, i'll try it and see if it works for me :D

cool, i'll try it and see if it works for me :D

let me know if you find anything, would actually be great to get rid of that < icon! :yes:

[that is if you are searching for a application to hide the icons :shifty: ]

I also had problems regarding the email address verifitacion using my gmail account because the verification email sent by MSN was automatically sotred in the Spam subfolder.:blink: I noticed several days later :yes:

Excellent.. got gmail comming up nicely using "pop goes the gmail"and msn plus

thanks for that little tip hey ^_^