New Intellimouse Drivers

What the point of getting freaking drivers.. it's a mouse people. It's supposed to do one thing and for all of us who have the Intellimouse with the extra buttons they already perform the features they are supposed to. Drivers aren't gonna increase performance or nothing... once again.. it's a mouse. That's just like getting drivers for your keyboard when every OS has default drivers for all the keyboards out there. Most of the advanced buttons might not work but who cares anyways... i have them and don't even use them, Windows already come with tons of shortcuts that you can customise to your own liking.

ctrl + alt + anything

ctrl + shift + anything

alt + shift + anything

alt + ctrl + shift + anything..

You have more combination of stuff that you can ever use. Each one of those can be used with a letter or a number.

I need the drivers for one good reason - programming. For some reason by default the code editor in Visual Basic 6 does not respond to the mouse wheel. With the drivers it does, and saves me a lot of time.

Well for reasons where all the features don't work then i understand.... With windows 98 and all the back/forward mouse buttons don't work correctly so i guess... but for those of us with 2k and Up then no need i think (unless in the rare case a function doesn't work within a specific program or something)