Sony EYE TOY

Last night I was at Best Buy. I was planning to pick up a copy of Chronicles of Riddick - ooooh I can't wait - I LOOOVED Pitch Black and the idea of guiding Riddick out of Butcher Bay sounded sooooo cool. But of course they were out of stock. So I realized I still had $50 and I wanted to get a game to tide me over. Sooo I looked around and found Deus Ex: The Invisible War for $30 - a steal. I was just checking out the PS2 products and I saw the little box of the EYETOY on the bottom shelf. I thought to myself: whoa for another $20 I could get the EYETOY... and some much-needed exercise. So I reluctantly decided to pick it up. I got home, plugged it into the USB port and started. Installation is 100% smooth. An animated tutorial tells you exactly what to do. I created a profile and started single player. My god. This thing is an absolute blast to play. I played Kung Fu and Soccer Crazy and Wipin Windows (not sure about those names :s ). It was so much fun. Then I had my brother come in and we played multi-player. Wow. It is absolutely amazing. Some of the games are pretty mediocre, however - Ghost Eliminator, UFO Juggler, Plate Spinner. But the rest are really, really fun. Some of my favorites are Kung Fu, Boxing, and Window Washin.

Sony EYE TOY BOTTOM LINE

Presentation:

Amazing - easy to use - slick menu system, but it sometimes can be tricky.

4.gif

Visual:

Mediocre PS2 generic graphics - what makes this stand out is it is YOU. The camera works perfectly.

4.gif

Audio:

Generic game sounds - some of the beats on the rhythm games are pretty good.

3.gif

Controls:

Amazing - this camera is excellent at capturing your motions and converting them into the game.

4.gif

Tilt:

This game is just a blast - would make for a great time at a party.

5.gif

Overall:

This is just an outstanding product that is amazing. You have to try it!

5.gif

Now I can't wait to pick up EYE TOY: Groove

i love how all of the rating of the 'sub categories' (except for one) are les than five star ratings, yet at the end, the overall is 5 stars.

hehe, not bashing the reviewer, but meh...maybe i am :p

although it sounds like he just love the product.

Yeah that's the first thing I thought to. Using some basic match I came up with the actually overall being 4 (right on the money) :D

Tilt is the overall fun factor - it either increases or decreases the score. I use it just like Gamespot.

Reviewer's Tilt (Tilt)

This score basically lets a reviewer sway the final score--either higher or lower--based on the reviewer's overall experience with a game. Here's an example: A game might have really good graphics and sound but only mediocre gameplay. As a result, it gets a low tilt score to keep the overall from being boosted too high, since the game ultimately isn't fun. Likewise, a game might have mediocre graphics and sound, but it might include a really good story and a lot of original ideas. As a result, it might get a high tilt to boost the overall score a bit, which suggests to you that you should look beyond the game's production values.

I have heard similar reviews. It's definitely better when you play with someone else for sure. Basically Sony's way of getting non gamers to play with their system.

• 2 weeks later...