Gmail is too creepy

He has some valid points.

What scares me the most is that they are are building this huge social network (froogle, gmail, google, orkut) running under a subdomain from google.com . Now we all know that cookies can only be read from the domain that it comes from. So google can basically read your mail, see what you want to buy, what you search for. If they let orkut run from orkut.google they could even know who your firiends are (if they don't know it already from gmail).

I think this is kinda scary....

MfG.Eversor

I also think you are an idiot.

Hehe, you're not the first and won't be the last to think this.

95% of his posts come from "gay" remarks as the one he just posted.

What can we do? :pinch:

He has some valid points.

What scares me the most is that they are are building this huge social network (froogle, gmail, google, orkut) running under a subdomain from google.com . Now we all know that cookies can only be read from the domain that it comes from. So google can basically read your mail, see what you want to buy, what you search for. If they let orkut run from orkut.google they could even know who your firiends are (if they don't know it already from gmail).

I think this is kinda scary....

MfG.Eversor

Scary indeed. There are many valid points, but its way easier for people to just say its BS and disregard it as another 'moronic conspiracy theory'

What I want to know, is exactly when was it that conspiracies ceased to exist?

People treat'em as fairytales.

If you use email, nothing you do is private. We as people of nations are going to just have to learn that our privacy is shrinking more and more in society. Now im not bashing Gmail but I also do not agree with the ad's in my email, yet again they have to make money somehow.. Oh yah if your a skeptic PM for a Gmail invite when I get my next batch...

Doesn't matter what email service you use, your email is sent unencypted through the internet and if you're creeped out from that cheesy website you should get a clue.

If you use email, nothing you do is private. We as people of nations are going to just have to learn that our privacy is shrinking more and more in society.

and with bush in office it will continue to get WORSE

True with Bush in office it prolly will get worse but, I like Bush I agree with almost everything he has done, minus Patriot Act, and Gay Rights - I believe people should be allowed to do as they please... off topic now...

What a clever and witty responce, your arguement has convinced me.

I also think you are an idiot.

okay, Glen. Thanks for the reply. I didn't attack you (or maybe it did!!!)

Before you go insulting those who don't insult you directly, think twice. Especially as a newbie. :no:

No way to act with not much to back yourself up with.

:no:

okay, Glen. Thanks for the reply. I didn't attack you (or maybe it did!!!)

Before you go insulting those who don't insult you directly, think twice. Especially as a newbie. :no:

No way to act with not much to back yourself up with.

:no:

No you didn't attack me, and nor did not attack you, I merely pointed out the way you argued your point made me think you were being in idiot (and obviously some other people too, as they have agreed with this later in this post).

Other people in this thread have made the same point as yourselves and have not ?attacked? them because they have intelligently made there argument.

I?m happy with my original posting and stand by it.

I?m also interested to why you define me as being a newbie? It is because I don't post every often or because my joined date is only one month before yours?

No you didn't attack me, and nor did not attack you, I merely pointed out the way you argued your point made me think you were being in idiot (and obviously some other people too, as they have agreed with this later in this post).

Other people in this thread have made the same point as yourselves and have not ?attacked? them because they have intelligently made there argument.

I?m happy with my original posting and stand by it.

I?m also interested to why you define me as being a newbie? It is because I don't post every often or because my joined date is only one month before yours?

your ignorance does not even deserve a reply. Sorry, man - not hitting at you too hard, but obviously, you are wrong.

Sorry for getting off topic. I'll do it in PM next time.

your ignorance does not even deserve a reply. Sorry, man - not hitting at you too hard, but obviously, you are wrong.

Sorry for getting off topic. I'll do it in PM next time.

I'm sorry you will have to explain why I'm wrong because I don't understand how it is "obvious"

Really, I don't want to turn this into a flame, but if you explain to me what is wrong with the points I have raised I'd be glad to discuss.

I'm sorry you will have to explain why I'm wrong because I don't understand how it is "obvious"

Really, I don't want to turn this into a flame, but if you explain to me what is wrong with the points I have raised I'd be glad to discuss.

PM me and I'll be happy too. This thread is not the area for such a conversation, so quit trying to make it into that.

Guys.. instead of fighting.. can you find out if Google truly stores all the deleted messages? How much do they value our privacy? and Where do they really draw the line even after 180 days of email communication protection?

Until you back it up, there is no reason to call it paranoia or BS.

It's just that it's more than a little weird to be paranoid about email company slash search engine......very....weird....

google always scared me by cutting off the cookies at the year 2038 the same as the unix bug, id like them to show more confidence and extend their unique cookies to the year 2100 at least.