I have money, do you have my logo?

Question

I'm looking for a logo for one of A Small Orange Software's unannounced products. Since dealing with a mystery product won't help you much, I suppose I'll make the first public mention of what we're working on:

Title: ASOmonitor

Description: ASOmonitor is our server monitoring system under development. It features technology we're planning on obtaining a patent for, so this is goning to have a large potential market. In essence, it's a system that monitors the status of servers on a network (or networks) for availabilty and quality of service.

What we want: We're looking for a logo that makes use of our standard orange color in some way. It does not need to make exclusive use of this color, but should have it at least somewhere. A sans-serif font should be used (we like Myriad Pro a lot) for text. It should feature only the text "ASOmonitor" with that spacing/capitalization. It should have some sort of icon or styling to emphasis that this is a monitoring product. Since customers will rely on our product to maintain their own services, we want to emphasis a "trustworthy", "stable", and "powerful" system through the icon somehow.

Format requirements: Vector (preferred) or *large* raster. Photoshop-importable format.

This is our current logo:

logo.png

The primary orange is in the center of the orange. It's #FFA800. As you can see, we like things simple, so keep this in the ASOmointor logo, as well.

We're looking at a budget of around $100 for this logo. Exclusive and unlimited use must be provided by the author with the delivery.

Ask questions if you need anything clarified, and feel free to experiment outside of the bounds of our listed requirements. This isn't really a contest or anything, so you can throw out logos as you come up with ideas. There's no penality for at least trying, so don't worry that posting a crap design along with 3 good ones is going to hurt your image or anything. We're just looking for the best possible logo :)

Heres my attempt a squared out orange ill leave text to timdorr since hes got teh expensive font.

edit i would be more than happy to touch up anything. $100 sound very nice right about now. ;)

post-31-1088022125.jpg

Edited by insurektion

Seriously, I *love* that monitor. Is that based on a

real monitor or did you just make it up? Because that

my friend, looks *really* awesome. Imean.. wow. I would

buy that monitor. Mmmmm... really, is it based on a real

monitor?

Below...

post-31-1088032000.jpg

Here's my version, although, it kinda sucks.:rolleyes:

If I could get that much I'd be screaming at the top of my lungs and posting until the whole world knew. lol

I still have not gotten the hang of making stuff in Photoshop :unsure:

Here's my go. Haven't spent much time on the text yet. The orange itself is pretty muchfinished.

asomonitor.gif

i love the orange in that.... really cool

Heres my attempt a squared out orange ill leave text to timdorr since hes got teh expensive font.

edit i would be more than happy to touch up anything. $100 sound very nice right about now. ;)

this is awesomeness

@noodle: Wow, nice work with the vector. I'm digging that monitor. I haven't decided on one yet, so feel free to keep cranking out ideas if you have any. I've enjoyed your work so far :)

@Chr1zt1an: I like the 2nd one with the shield. That's a good idea that I didn't think of. Maybe work with it a little more? I think it looks really good though!

@Andre: Top notch! The only thing I worry about is how it will fit with the rest of our logos (the ASObill one will probably be redone, though). It's a bit too "real" by comparison. However, what is that font? I love it :D

@insurektion: I'll add the text in tonight myself, but that looks really good too! Excellent work!

As usual, you guys are making this tough :p I haven't made a decision and I want to give this some time, so feel free to submit or continue to work on anything that's in-progress. There are already some fantastico entries in here :)

this is awesomeness

thank you and timdorr for your compliments.

any sugesstions at all im drawing blanks on how to make it better. Im not sure if I should change the graph color and what not anyways. I need some more ideas $$$ are scarce after the heat (police) trailed me doing 49 km over:blush:h::ninja:a:

I need some more ideas $$$ are scarce after the heat (police) trailed me doing 49 km over :blush: :ninja:

:no: Now why were you doing that?

:no: :yes: :no: :yes: :no: :yes: :wacko:

it's a good design but he said san serif not serif.... easy changed i guess, but just pointing it out to you.