Logitech MX510

Review: Logitech MX 510

Price: $49.95 USD

At first I thought this mouse was going to be the same as the MX500 with a new paint job. How could you improve the MX500? It?s already the prefect mouse. Well Logitech did with the MX510. Packed with a new 12-Bit, 5.8 Mega pixel engine.

Setup: Fairly easy, just pull it from the box, plug it into your USB or PS/2 port, and install the included software and your set for some hardcore gaming.

Tests:

Battlefield Vietnam:

To check how precise this mouse really was I started a single player game with some bots. I hid up on a mountain with a sniper rifle and started shooting. 9/10 shots I hit and killed. Sure it?s easy to shoot bots but this mouse can aim pixel perfect. Now for some real action, online gaming. I went online and join an Operation Hastings server. Right away I grab a sniper rifle, jump in a Huey and head for the mountains by the Vietnamese base. Sniped most players. Now I am almost positive that this mouse improved my game (or I was getting lucky shots.)

Pros:

Fast, quick movements.

Great response.

Awesome unique paint job.

Cons:

Wired.

Software doens't work that great.

Conclusion:

If you?re a gamer in need of a mouse that can handle long hours of precise perfect fragging then you have found it. The Logitech MX510 is the mouse for you. The unique paint job also adds a nice touch.

mx510_1.jpg

mx510_2.jpg

Edited by Liquid

I will give another thumbs up for the MX510. I have the red one and love it.

yea its a great mouse. Ive been whipping it around to see if it bugs up like all microsoft mice but it hasn't yet.

it seems nice, but is it enough of an upgrade from a mx500?

Hmm not really, it is smoother but not noticable enough. If your a hardcore gamer than yes, get it now. But if your a casual gamer then dont waste your money. This thing is for pixel perfect aiming, and trust me it does get you pixel perfect aiming. :woot:

Cons:

Heavy.

Wired.

There is a weight it in, you can take it out if you want it to be lighter, just unscrew the bottom. (The screws are behind the + areas of the sticker.

thanks for the review, looks good. btw, are those mice like that (with the room at the left side) suppposed to be better than the normal, symettrical ones? :huh: are they better for your hand/arm or anything?

thanks for the review, looks good. btw, are those mice like that (with the room at the left side) suppposed to be better than the normal, symettrical ones? :huh: are they better for your hand/arm or anything?

They feel alot better

i am in a desperate need for a new mouse. this logitech optical cord mouse is getting boring :pinch:. i'll try out the feel on one of these, or maybe on a new wireless logitech mouse :D

I concur with your review...but as for calling it "heavy" no way lol I switched from a MX700 you wanna talk about heavy..Imagine 2AA batteries inside your mouse too :p It was like jogging everyday with ankle weights and removing them after a month.

I concur with your review...but as for calling it "heavy" no way lol I switched from a MX700 you wanna talk about heavy..Imagine 2AA batteries inside your mouse to:p:p It was like jogging everyday with ankle weights and removing them after a month.

Im use to my microsoft optical mouse. Now im use to this mouse and it feels great.

They feel alot better

i know it feels better, but i can live with the old normal logitech optical wheel mouse. unless it is better for your hand/arm (i'm going to be using the computer a lot), any idea on that?

i know it feels better, but i can live with the old normal logitech optical wheel mouse. unless it is better for your hand/arm (i'm going to be using the computer a lot), any idea on that?

Im not 100% sure but it feels right to old and its not as small as a normal mouse. Its probably better for your hand. its feels alot more natural.

this is a great mouse, I got the red one when it 1st came out.

The blue looks a little too gaudy to me, more so than the red because the red is actually very dark crimson.

Doesnt really matter though because the finish on this mouse is better than any of the wireless mice. It will not fade or wear out the paint like the mx500/700/etc.

Im not 100% sure but it feels right to old and its not as small as a normal mouse. Its probably better for your hand. its feels alot more natural.

alright, thanks.