Logitech MX510

i think it's a tad expensive for a mouse, might give it a try, mine suxs its a no brand optical, changing it as soon as i get new rig, hopefully i will change EVERYTHING (except printer)

Yeah, the only thing that keeps me from going out and buying this mouse right now is the price. It's expensive :(

Anybody know somewhere that sells this mouse for under $40?

I wish they would make a wireless version, I won't go back to having wires :(

Its already here. THe MX700/900. If your looking for the fancy paint job then no. I personally perfer my MX700 over this one IMO

Its already here. THe MX700/900. If your looking for the fancy paint job then no. I personally perfer my MX700 over this one IMO

MX510 is lighter then both MX700 & 900. MX510 has 5.8 megapixels/sec capture rate opposed to 4.7 in the others, it also can handle up to 15 G's of acceleration compared to 10 G's of the others. So it's not already here, the MX500 wireless version can be compared to MX700 & 900 but not the MX510.

yeh. having problems getting it in the uk, with each company having to re order it. Amazon told me I would have to wait another month so I chose another one that was a one day wait, now that has been extended to 7 day wait!!!

what kind of set up do you guys have for the buttons? what dooes each one do, because im wandering what to do with mine.

I just bought a Logitech Trackball that has the same number of buttons as the MX510 and the pic below shows what I have it configured at. I am not sure if you will be able to reach the top button above the scroll wheel with the MX500/510, but if you can, you may be able to leave that button as is and not make another one that is easier to reach. But since I could not reach it easily, I made the changes shown below. Hope it helps, and congrats on your new mouse. :)

I concur with your review...but as for calling it "heavy" no way lol I switched from a MX700 you wanna talk about heavy..Imagine 2AA batteries inside your mouse to:p:p It was like jogging everyday with ankle weights and removing them after a month.

Take the balancing weight out of the back end of the MX series and it will be MUCH lighter. I did it to all my Logitech mice. The weight is apparently in there to help balance the mouse out but it is fine without it.

Nice little review its a good mouse I like it. Bought mine a will back in blue also :D I really do enjoy ut2004 now :)

I think however it could of done with a little more weight and better keystroke combinations in the mouseware setup.

Also if you look carefully at the mouse and turn it in the pattern changes just a bit as the swirvy design is actually below the plastic you touch. ;) Oh make sure you do it somewhere where there is plenty of light and depedning on light angle it will change hehe.

i just picked this up and it is incredible but i had to get the red one because best buy didn't have the blue one for some dumb reason

I love that paint job. Wish my MX700 looked like that.

have you seen the new Falcon Northwest custom mx700?

it gots a us flag like the exotic case :o

Exotix_keymice.jpg

if only i could paint it like that

review convinced me and i've decided i'm going to get one soon. perhaps maybe in 10 minutes :). i've been having trouble deciding between this and the mx900, but i only wanted the mx900 for bluetooth. I think i'm more fond of the wired mouses anyways.