• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Yay! Got myself an iPod!

FiREFLi    0
isn't the 10 GB version the same cost as the 15GB version?

Wouldn't that be a bit stupid?

TheElite    127

lol to above post^

MipScript    0
Go buy yourself some normal, i.e. black, colour headphones.  The chances of people having their ipod's snatched is significantly higher when they're walking around with the distinctive white earphones.

Don't believe everything you read on the internet that was written in a news paper here in england and it was total BS all the police stations and even Apple responded saying they have not had 1 single person claim the thief saw the earphones and said 'hand over your iPod' :rolleyes:

People who steal are idiots and don't know bricks from water isn't that why they are stealing in the first place because they are to stupid to get real jobs.

Anyway long story short, the newspaper writer didn't like apple getting ?300+ for an iPod so he wrote something snobby about it - Just as someone else wrote that people who buy iPods do so to sanction themselves off from people around them. Really cause thats the reason many people buy guns and cars! ( [sarcasm] yer I bought mine so idiots would stay away from me! :happy:: [/sarcasm] ) its all just bull, don't see people saying the same stuff about the Sony Walkman when that came out..

GNRambo    0
Finally!

Been wanting it for so long, I finally bought a brand new 10GB 3rd Generation one.

I din't want too much space as my music collection ain't that big.

Anything other iPod owners want to share?

Maybe this will make you think a bit diff

MipScript    0

Hahaha thats funny, I think apple would rather given the guy free iPod battery replacements for life then have that done to most if not all there posters round NYC. :p

giga    45

Really...i still see no reason why people continue to believe 2 people who had bad experience with the iPod. If someone went out there and bought a BMW and it broke after 2 years would you believe them that all BMW's are going to die after 2 years? I suspect not. They just had a faulty iPod and because they didnt get a warranty, they are going to complain and cry about it. Please...save us..

TheElite    127

true dat.

MipScript    0
The video is a hoax.. It's not $255 ++.. It's only $105.95 http://www.apple.com/support/ipod/service/battery.html (if you even have to change it)

Actually this is not a hoax :rolleyes: 2 days after they put the video on the internet Apple lowered the price to $100. These 2 brothers made it onto 2 different news programs in USA (think one was CNN)

parimal_kumar    1

Can an IPod be plugged into a PC and appear under Windows XP as a hard-drive?

If so can you drag and drop audio files into it or are you forced to use iTunes or something similar?

Can you drag and drop non-playable files into it (to use as a portable hard disk unit)?

MipScript    0

You can use it as an external Hard Drive on windows XP yes. You can drop any type of file onto it via External Hard Drive mode, I do not know about dropping files onto it and them appearing in the iPods song lists though... Whats wrong with iTunes anyway lol I think it works much better then a drag and drop interface (although I was skeptical at first)

parimal_kumar    1

I'd rather have the freedom of being able to do both.

I guess this pretty much makes my mind up - I'm going for the iRiver H20 or H40

Parimal

astrokat    14
Don't believe everything you read on the internet that was written in a news paper here in england and it was total BS all the police stations and even Apple responded saying they have not had 1 single person claim the thief saw the earphones and said 'hand over your iPod' :rolleyes:

People who steal are idiots and don't know bricks from water isn't that why they are stealing in the first place because they are to stupid to get real jobs.

Anyway long story short, the newspaper writer didn't like apple getting ?300+ for an iPod so he wrote something snobby about it - Just as someone else wrote that people who buy iPods do so to sanction themselves off from people around them. Really cause thats the reason many people buy guns and cars! ( [sarcasm] yer I bought mine so idiots would stay away from me! :happy:: [/sarcasm] ) its all just bull, don't see people saying the same stuff about the Sony Walkman when that came out..

I am not a criminal, but the thought has crossed my mind. I see "crazy" ipods along my travels ... I am going to have to start jacking peoples playlists! :ninja::

FiREFLi    0
It's only $105.95

Oh... that cheap eh? :wacko: