horrendous crash in ga

dem sutherners dun no how 2 drive

Seriously, there are more crashes in the south then in anywhere else in the country...at least that's what i've been told. I also happen to know that in GA you can drive when you're 16, which really makes the streets a dangerous place.

Originally posted by JZolloXP

Seriously, there are more crashes in the south then in anywhere else in the country...at least that's what i've been told. I also happen to know that in GA you can drive when you're 16, which really makes the streets a dangerous place.

you only have to be 16 here in virgin(ia)

Man that's pretty nasty. :(

People generally drive faster then they should or think they are in foggy conditions because it's difficult to judge your speed since other objects on/around the road are hard to see or hidden from view.

Man, with that kind of visibility.. Even driving 40mph it wouldn't give ya much time to stop if ya had to. Cripe, you'd probably travel 10 feet before gettin your foot on the brake. :p

thats crazy, and sad. the conditions must've been so bad, people need to be more careful. you know the survivors will realize it's not worth it to drive that fast when it's not safe, because your life is in danger. the sad thing is everyone will continue to do it until their life is threatened or taken away from them...

Originally posted by Xcalibur

u can drive in bc when ur 16 too... there are places where u can drive when u are 15.. or even 14...

i thought BC has graduated licencing? 2 of my good friends from BC are affected by graduated licencing n they havent even gotten their learners yet (n one of them just turned 16), in manitoba, its only days until graduated licencing comes into affect :o, as of april 1st it comes into affect, i'm REALLY lucky i'm not affected by it since anyone who doesnt have their learners by then, is affected but i had my learners for almost a year so i should get my learners by now...bah, i better get it on monday, i'm a safer driver than SOME ppl in my class lol (aka the ppl who are likely to get tickets for their driving constantly when they get older) lol

Originally posted by Silvorgold

i thought BC has graduated licencing? 2 of my good friends from BC are affected by graduated licencing n they havent even gotten their learners yet (n one of them just turned 16), in manitoba, its only days until graduated licencing comes into affect :o, as of april 1st it comes into affect, i'm REALLY lucky i'm not affected by it since anyone who doesnt have their learners by then, is affected but i had my learners for almost a year so i should get my learners by now...bah, i better get it on monday, i'm a safer driver than SOME ppl in my class lol (aka the ppl who are likely to get tickets for their driving constantly when they get older) lol

yeah.. its graduated licensing.. but its only 6 months..

That happened near Edmonton a few years back..

The reason it happens (according to stories in the paper) is because the fog comes on very fast and thick and you don't know whether to stop or to keep going because if you stop, someone behind you might hit you, but if you keep driving you might hit a stopped car - it's a bit of a rock and a hard place. Even the shoulder of the highway (freeway) isn't safe since people can't see the meridian anyways.

Hard to call.

On another note, did you know that you are technically supposed to SPEED up as fast as possible when you are about to have a head-on collision with a vehicle coming in the opposite direction?

Why? Well you'll have greater momentum (if masses are ~ equal) and you will be able to push the oncoming car, instead of coming to a dead stop and being reversed backwards - there would be less impulse, or change in momentum.

Originally posted by Xcalibur

yeah.. its graduated licensing.. but its only 6 months..

its gonna be 9 months here as soon as the whole things implemented in 03, although ppl who get their learners as of april fools day will be affected also. i wouldve had my licence by now but my uncle got killed in a car accident 2 days b4 my bday :-, n i didnt want to go for my licence cuz of that

yeah well i have my N and ill be able to get my real liscence soon but i prolly wont go till my liscence are about to expire cuz the N is basicly the same thing as a eral liscence

Driving through the Rocky mountains are far worst conditions. They're not used to it. Imagine a blizzard, 10-15 foot visibility, a good foot of ice on road, steep hills, and speeding semis.

Originally posted by JZolloXP

Yep... I'm in the South, home of the irresponsible idiots who cannot drive, particularly old farts! Since I am in a high school setting, my school officer says that parents drive worse than students! Talk about hypocrites who set bad examples for our children everywhere, and then blaming it all on us! :(

Originally posted by Toxikk

you only have to be 16 here in virgin(ia)

thats horrible...

the drivers age in most states is 16. I know in some states, the farming states you can get a liscence to drive a tractor at like 14 or 15.

Here in new york, you get your Permit at 16, if you past the test. Then you take a 5 hour course, and if you pass that you are eligible to take your road test. then if you pass that, you are able to drive ONLY in New York from like 5am - 9pm. Now... lol, if you want to get your senior (full) license, you can either take drivers ed, and if you pass that, you can get it when you turn 17, if you don't, you have to wait till your 18.

how is it in other states?