Driver 3 (DRIV3R)

Before I start I apologise for any bad English ie spellings grammar that sort of thing, im English but no good at this sort of thing.

Name: Driver 3, Or DRIV3R

Rating: 16

Platform: XBOX (but also available on PC and PS2)

Driver 3 is a fast moving action / driving game, it comes online enabled featuring 25 missions, and now includes boats, trucks, bikes and cars. The game has 3 cities and over 70 vehicles; with in-game Dolby Digital your own soundtracks can sound even better. The story is very different to diver 2 as you start the game as an undercover police officer working to crack and High-Performance car-theft-right.

Driver 3 is the closest thing to GTA on the market but driver is very different. Vice City is such a big game and has so much to it, its not just about doing the missions, its also about owning property and making money. Driver 3 has less freedom to it, you don?t buy property, and you work for the same people (the game has more of a ?set path?). But the story behind the game is very good and is made better by being shown in a film style. For example, when you load up the game you get a video covering what has already happened and it brings you up to where you are in the game, this is great feature encase your unsure of the sto Audio o

Though the game is in Dolby Digital, this would be great for the videos but the sound effects let the game down, the sound effects of the cars especially can only be compared to a low budget movie. The in-game music is also bad you don?t get any radio station; just plain music that plays thought the game. But you can play your own music, sadly you don?t get chose what is played when all you can do is select what album is played before you start the game.

Audio: 7?/10 ? due to poor music and bad sou Graphics Graphics

The graphics are very good especially in replay mode; the attention to detail is also a marvel. But in some places the graphics do let the game down, an example of this is ground plants they look like something from the Driver one as they appear in a square form. But do not be put off by this as it?s only a small detail and in general the graphic are really good. The game allows you to replay your previous missions which is great but something I personally wouldn?t use. During driving theirs only two view which can be an annoyance, just above the car and from the front but this stops you seeing past large vehicles.

Graphics: 8/10 ? only down fall is General Game-play eral Game-play

After just an afternoon of on off game play I found my self in the second city, so dose that mean im 1/3 of the way though the game? If so your best off renting the game for a week, its way to easy and though some levels take a bit of work theirs no option to change the difficulty of the game. The cars are very well designed, and the cars change from city to city, which make it even more realistic. The handling of the bikes and cars is good and you can get some good tricks and jumps out of it. Unlike GTA police aren?t easy to lose and you can have some real fun trying to lose them. Missions are very similar to GTA but theirs not as many, which is quite a disappointment for this game. Missions however are made better than GTA as theirs more driving than shooting.

General Game-Play: 8/10 ? Due to lack of missions and being to easy.

In all it?s a great game but to easy and not really worth the ?40 your pay for it, my advice wait till it goes down to ?30 or rent it. Don?t be to put off it?s a good game, just don?t buy it and expect it to be the spitting image of GTA. Just remember it was the first 3rd person action / driver, because when Driver first came out GTA was still on birds eye view.

Over all: 7?/10

Edited by Banzai

Reading this, I assume you encountered none of the critical bugs that some people refer to (like crashing into invisible walls, sluggish vehicle performance, even flying cars)?

Chode - not really, but I did a have few problems ie a character got shot and was stuck in the middle of the wall. It?s not too bad but for a XBOX game it?s not grate.

Chode - not really, but I did a have few problems ie a character got shot and was stuck in the middle of the wall. It’s not too bad but for a XBOX game it’s not grate.

Ok. Thanks for the review.

nice review.

We need some more game reviews, i like the mix in this forum now :)

nice review.

We need some more game reviews, i like the mix in this forum now :)

lol fund me and ill review any games u like. JOKE

Edited by Banzai

Yup. What do you think of the new cheese grater :)? (just joking at your spelling of great as grate :p).

But seriously, another nearly excellent-but-not-quite. Gaming has been a real letdown this year for me personally so far. No great FPS, RTS or even action/adventure games. HL2 and Doom3 better come a bit quicker :)

thank god i ordered this game off eBay.. and should arrive during the week :D i was a huge! fan of driver 1... OMG i can't tell you how much i played that game. then when driver 2 came out.. wasn't too big on the 2 disk thing, but the free-chase was the BEST you got to steal cars in the second one, which was a great option. graphics wern't that great, but meh.

now that driv3r hit x-box.. i was happy to hear it was actually coming out :)

so i cant wait for this game, gonna be one of the best games out for june.

too bad it's not online...

i agree, this is a pretty good game.

the graphic glitches and aliasing problems make me sad though.

that why i want pc version

good pc can do what consoles can't ;)

^ what like remove bugs,

lylesback2 - don?t get your hopes up to much its good its not great, if was playing last night and went under a bridge on a boat and my head was popping out on the road.

me too, ive seen it in action, and the physics are just horrible, the car was driving right through bushes. the bushes were just standing there perfectly, not even moving. this game deserves a 3 - 5 like kriz said.

and you can shoot a cop right next to his face , he wont even budge. NOT A FLINCH!!! I MEAN CMON!, out of the 3 driver games, this is the worst one.

I played both previous versions. Loved them. Now i can't wait to try 3rd one for PC.

Big Fan :)

We will see, when they release it for PC, how good it is...

Is it really that bad? :o

I'm getting the ps2 version. I really liked Driver 1 and 2

Don't listen to them.

The game is great despite some minor flaws wich occour sometimes.

It also takes some time to get used to the Driving and the sliding around.

But besides from that it's a great game. I got it on Xbox and i must say i'm impressed !

I think the game is pretty good..I'm not seeing why everyone thinks it's rubbish (probably because most people haven't actually played it and are just following what everyone else says). Sure it has its faults, but it sure is fun to play.