• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

[Project] Old Analogue Receiver

Question

Jerry Grey    0

Hey :D

I have started work on "Old Analogue Receiver", about a week ago, and I think its is turning out very well.

I like to thanks the people at Neowin for helping me.

Here it is so far:

Edited by gerry74_

CDog    1

I don't have a clue what you're on about here. What is this meant to be? Is a Foxtel Box some kind of digital TV decoder? Whatever it is, your perspective is all screwed up - the back is bigger than the front...

kitteny_berk    0

1) WTF is it

2) maybe you shouldn't use paint so much

Jerry Grey    0
I don't have a clue what you're on about here. What is this meant to be? Is a Foxtel Box some kind of digital TV decoder? Whatever it is, your perspective is all screwed up - the back is bigger than the front...

Foxtel Box = TV decoder in Australia

the back and the front is around: 655.0 px

CDog    1
Foxtel Box = TV decoder in Australia

the back and the front is around: 655.0 px

Thanks for clearing up what it is. Whatever size the front it, the back should be smaller. Also, just noticed that the reflection is wrong. On the right side there, the relfection would be like this...

post-31-1088257985.jpg

Jerry Grey    0
Thanks for clearing up what it is. Whatever size the front it, the back should be smaller. Also, just noticed that the reflection is wrong. On the right side there, the relfection would be like this...

Yea, I can't get it to do that... :(

How do you do that?

TomUsher    0

Doesn't look too great... seeing as real things don't have 1 pixel borders :D

.t

super_serge    0

You reverse the thing but then you rotate the angly thing... :blink:

Digital Pimp    0

Reminds me of my old analogue Pace PRD 800 satellite receiver

Jerry Grey    0

[updated] :D

[ ^ Go to first post ^ ]

super_serge    0

But now the gradient on the reflection doesnt fit right, it should curve wiht the reflected angly thing

Jinxx    0

How about you try to draw it with a pencil first?

If you can't draw on paper, practice that before attempting to draw on the computer - being able to sketch is probably the most valuable skill to someone who seems to be attempting design work.

super_serge    0
How about you try to draw it with a pencil first?

If you can't draw on paper, practice that before attempting to draw on the computer - being able to sketch is probably the most valuable skill to someone who seems to be attempting design work.

I disagree. Yes I no my work sucks, but its not because i cant sketch. Sketching and drawing on the computer are completely different things. For one, you can change things very easily. Another thing is that its extremely precise on a computer. The angles that you can never get while sketching are magically made get-able ont he computer. Other things that need precision are there too.

CDog    1
Sketching and drawing on the computer are completely different things.

LOL you've never used an organic drawing programme with a decent tablet, have you?

Jinxx    0
I disagree. Yes I no my work sucks, but its not because i cant sketch. Sketching and drawing on the computer are completely different things. For one, you can change things very easily. Another thing is that its extremely precise on a computer. The angles that you can never get while sketching are magically made get-able ont he computer. Other things that need precision are there too.

I wasn't directing my comment at you, it was at gerry74_.

I agree that they are different, and I draw both on my computer and paper - for some tasks I prefer one over the other. What I learned from drawing on paper affected what I could do on the computer and vice versa.

The level of precision you can achieve from working on the computer is incredible, but it is a double edge sword - having the potential for more precision is not very good if your drawing skill is low; it can make the fact that you're still a learner very apparent. But if you're not able to draw perspective, create relative space or reflections, then it's really time to get a pencil, some paper and draw stuff.

Jerry Grey    0
I wasn't directing my comment at you, it was at gerry74_.

I agree that they are different, and I draw both on my computer and paper - for some tasks I prefer one over the other. What I learned from drawing on paper affected what I could do on the computer and vice versa.

The level of precision you can achieve from working on the computer is incredible, but it is a double edge sword - having the potential for more precision is not very good if your drawing skill is low; it can make the fact that you're still a learner very apparent. But if you're not able to draw perspective, create relative space or reflections, then it's really time to get a pencil, some paper and draw stuff.

Thats true....

Plus:

[updated]

http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?show...0entry2362790

Jerry Grey    0

Well, I am off to bed.....

Please give comments and suggestions...

wing.    0

plan it then do it i always do it :yes:

Jerry Grey    0

Anyone got any comments and suggestions.....? :(

super_serge    0

around the sort of digitalized 8, make a sort of infrared receiver black square htingy...kinda like an lcd black screen thing, make it more realistic..and remove the bevel around the 8 as well :)

Jerry Grey    0
around the sort of digitalized 8, make a sort of infrared receiver black square htingy...kinda like an lcd black screen thing, make it more realistic..and remove the bevel around the 8 as well :)

Okay :D

super_serge    0

Just noticed this as well: the gradient gives the front a round feel, while the actual shape is square/rectangle, round the sides of the front to make it fit the gradient

Jerry Grey    0

:D Is this it:

super_serge    0

Ya, but make some sort of faint window reflection in it and make it a bit blacker, because it blends too well. BTW, the 8 still has the annoying beveled-ness/stroke

Jerry Grey    0
Ya, but make some sort of faint window reflection in it and make it a bit blacker, because it blends too well. BTW, the 8 still has the annoying beveled-ness/stroke

[updated] :D