Uxtheme installation under Windows XP/2003

question:.....

my winver says :

Version 5.1 (Build 2600.xpsp_sp2_rc2.040610-1520 : Service Pack 2, v.2

and well... i can't find any uxtheme that patches that version....

any ideas?

question:.....

my winver says :

Version 5.1 (Build 2600.xpsp_sp2_rc2.040610-1520 : Service Pack 2, v.2

and well... i can't find any uxtheme that patches that version....

any ideas?

thats the latest sp2 rc2, built 2149. so you need the uxtheme for 2149 :yes:

(build 2600.xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158 : service pack 2)

should i use 6.0.2900.2180_EN.rar ???

i downloaded the replace program drop the original uxtheme and the 6.0.2900.2180_EN.rar one click on enter and nothing happen.

I've got problem with uxtheme for win2k3 sp1 beta 1218 - I've downloaded uxtheme,copied overwriting existing file to dllcache,renamed original uxtheme.dll in system32 and copied uxtheme.dll into system32 dir,then rebooted and now i've got black screens instead of some themes,even on classic theme...i guess i got wrong uxtheme.dll or it is corrupted while i downloaded it from http://vortex2050.dyndns.org:8080/reposito...0.3790.1218.rar

who know what the heck is?

hi all

would like to know about the theme patcher 2 i have downloaded it 11 times and each time the file is corrupt has anyone else had this problem ,help

:x

(build 2600.xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158 : service pack 2)

should i use 6.0.2900.2180_EN.rar ???

i downloaded the replace program drop the original uxtheme and the 6.0.2900.2180_EN.rar one click on enter and nothing happen.

i have the same problem :(

once you dragged the original uxtheme file on replacer it wil lask you if you want to replace it, press Y for yes and enter. then drag the replacment uxtheme file on it. if that's too hard you can still use new neowins uxtheme patcher.

Obviously, you have to extract the DLL in the RAR.

hey vortex, good to see you around on neowin boards :yes:

did you enable theme services under win2k3?

Yes of course.

The strange thing is - black colors of all elements including windows,buttons,borders appears not depending of used theme,looks like it is random effect,so i guess uxtheme is corrupted/buggy.

Yes of course.

The strange thing is - black colors of all elements including windows,buttons,borders appears not depending of used theme,looks like it is random effect,so i guess uxtheme is corrupted/buggy.

i remember someone posting twice about this problem. i'll search and check if i can find the thread again, anyway you should start a thread over in the win 2003 sectio nand look for help :yes:

Btw fyi - I was using unupgraded StyleXP and installed patched uxtheme.dll.. Wonder what? It didn't work.

So - if you use sp2 (service pack 2) - uninstall StyleXP (or at least disable service)

Hope, that might help someone.

welcome to neowin SiGiN.

you're right, you're not supposed to use stylexp (at all :rofl:)

thx 4 welcome.. Actually I used StyleXP, when was installing XP.. I was in hurry, and this way it was just easier, than patch Uxtheme.dll, or search for patched one.

But now, after SP2 - StyleXP didn't work, and so I had problem, and had to solve it hard way =) Even managed to annoy Vorte[x] a bit =)

glad you got it working, if you're using englsih xp sp2 rtm yo ucan also use neowin's new uxtheme patcher to save some time/work. link is on threadpage #1.

hmm, i relpaced file in windows 2k3, skins work now, but i can't acces add/remove programs

this:

hlod.GIF

eror jump on me, when i try it, any solution?

Edited by Lolita

Help! I've been looking for a clear concise guide to swapping the uxtheme.dll file for awhile, and this was a great help, I've finally been able to do away with StyleXP and uninstalled it completely. :woot: I followed the instructions exactly, but now have two questions:

1) Right after exchanging the dll file, Remover closed and then a script tried to access the Internet, and a warning about a malicious script came up from Norton AntiVirus. :o I run Norton and ZoneAlarm, which is how I found out about it trying to access the internet. Do you know, what was this program trying to do? What was the malicious script involved? The exact message was something like "Microsoft Windows Based Script Host has requested permission to access the Internet" I said no, and have rebooted and now can change to my visual styles, but am still worried about the message.

2) My second question, when I go to Display>Appearances> and choose a different visual style, in every preview the text is garbled as if the font was missing - although when I select the style and close the window everything looks ok - I'm attaching a screenshot here. Can anyone tell me why? Did I do something wrong, do you have the same missing text in your preview windows?

Thanks for any help! This is the first time I've messed around with my system dll files and I'm a little nervous.

Chefz :)

post-107-1093754496.gif