WWDC Apple banners take swipe at Microsoft

I'm not defending Gawdflesh I don't agree with him either, But his not Area91 and I just wanted to say that.

I didn't mean to imply that he was as bad as Area91 yet, but he has shown a strong trend in that direction.

I didn't mean to imply that he was as bad as Area91 yet, but he has shown a strong trend in that direction.

I have an opinion, and I voice it. Ban me.

Grow up already.

he's backing up his opinion, whether you agree with it or not is up to you. However continued baiting and comparing him to area91 isn't on.

He's not going to end up banned for having an opinion as long as it remains contention.

No, some mac users actually just see their mac as a tool, not a fetish object.

I totally agree Wickedkitten. I personally own both a PC and a Powerbook, and my PB is used for my work (graphic/web design) because I find the OSX environment to be much more efficient than Windows for my uses. I still use my PC for all my leisure activities (gaming, surfing, etc). So I don't believe that one can lump all Apple users into a "cult" group. True, Apple users tend to be very loyal to the product and software line, but I don't think it's fair to label every one of us in the same manner.

I have an opinion, and I voice it. Ban me.

Grow up already.

Being a computer manufacturer who's sole stability and success is based on little music players and selling other peoples music isn't exactly what I'd call stable.

Loyal userbase? You mean a cult. Whats funny is, now that Apple made an adapter for BWMs (which I doubt many on here own), I'm seeing little avatars for BWM popping up. Apple could make a wifi toaster with an aluminum case, charge $245, and some people would think it was the best thing since sliced bread.

If that's what you consider an "opinion", I'd hate to see what you consider a flame.

Apple could make a wifi toaster with an aluminum case, charge $245, and some people would think it was the best thing since sliced bread

That is one of the best puns I have ever heard. I dont know if it was intentional or not - but do you mind if i Sig it

If that's what you consider an "opinion", I'd hate to see what you consider a flame.

a flame would be running in, typing MACS SUCKS LOLZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!! and then leaving that as a post

just because you don't agree with what he is saying, that doesn't make it a flame

He got himself banned finally (gawdflesh, take note).

Quit having delusions of mod-hood. This thread isn't about me, you're the one posting offtopic. ;)

That is one of the best puns I have ever heard. I dont know if it was intentional or not - but do you mind if i Sig it

Sure.

Really? Last I checked, the G5's weren't exactly flying off the shelves. Show of hands, how many Mac users on Neowin actually own a G5? I can think of two, offhand. Yet everyone loves them, even though I know about as much about owning one as half the "OMG G5 ARE THE ROXORS!!ONE11! I WAN ONE!!11!" kids.

Being a computer manufacturer who's sole stability and success is based on little music players and selling other peoples music isn't exactly what I'd call stable.

Loyal userbase? You mean a cult. Whats funny is, now that Apple made an adapter for BWMs (which I doubt many on here own), I'm seeing little avatars for BWM popping up. Apple could make a wifi toaster with an aluminum case, charge $245, and some people would think it was the best thing since sliced bread. :rolleyes:

Now I guess I'm gonna be area91 too. :rolleyes:

I own one, so ha!

wait, who said the comment about seeing bmw avatars popping up? you mean MINE? as far as i've seen, nobody else has recently gotten a bmw avatar. and i've loved the bmw m3 forever... it has nothing to do with apple making an adapter for it, i assure you.

oh, and wickedkitten, some opinion he [gawdflesh] has:

"Gee, looks like the Apple Support Group decided to chime in. You guys going to get together and have a big group hug, or just a circle jerk with a pic of a G5 in the middle?"

read comment 3.10, here

oh, and gawdflesh. yes, i think i'd jerk to this picture of a g5 :laugh:

Edited by oik

We're taking quotes from the main page, which is *outside* the Mac forum? Interesting strategy. Once again, how am I flaming *in the Mac forums*? Oh, wait, I'm not. I've just got opinions that certain people don't want to see, and their tender feelings are getting hurt.

Sorry.

Now, will this thread ever get back on topic or is this just going to be a neverending whine session about me?

Now, will this thread ever get back on topic or is this just going to be a neverending whine session about me?

probably not. it's more fun to whine about you in hopes you just shut up.

but as i mentioned in the news post i took that quote from (which, amazingly, was about apple), you just want the last word on everything, so it'll just continue.

WTF?  Why are you making a big deal over nothing?  What I said still stands true, joke or no joke.

So? You don't honestly think anyone didn't already know that, did you? But you just had to roll on in and state the obvious like some kind of compulsive killjoy. It wasn't only you, but there's a way to be a person ya know? Let people have a laugh, it wouldn't have killed you to leave it alone.

Question: Why aren't you in the WWDC thread pointing out how Apple "couldn't care less" about the new banners up at http://www.konfabulator.com that say "Cupertino, start your photocopiers!"? Surely it's the same kind of situation, right?

Apple could make a wifi toaster with an aluminum case, charge $245, and some people would think it was the best thing since sliced bread

nah .. it wont be as good as my sig ... ;)

thank you for showing up. i knew gawdflesh was copying somebody, i just didn't know who.

looks like somebody *cough*gawdflesh*cough* needs to think different

thank you for showing up. i knew gawdflesh was copying somebody, i just didn't know who.

looks like somebody *cough*gawdflesh*cough* needs to think different

apparently lots of ppl started coping Keldyn after I put that sig up .. there's even a thread about it and Keldyn came in and closed it.

https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?show...131239&hl=iTurd

I own a G5

Apple have a very healthy financial situation, millions in cash in the bank, no debts, and a steady profit coming in. More than can be said for AMD. Maybe your idea of stable isn't based on finances.

:ninja: I own a G5. :ninja:

:D hrm.... @gawdflesh ;) ;) (see attachment)

I personally dont like the GUI of this version of Mac OS X. I really like panther though. The features look cool though. And I think its really funny with the banners. Wish I had one...

post-60-1088659259.jpg