Need logo and graphic for my site!

Question

I'm looking for a logo and graphic for my small company i'm starting up. i will be working mostly on designing webpages, PowerPoint presentations, html email layouts, business cards and the like. i do not have the internet site up and running as of yet but you can go to my current family site to see the colors. you do not have to use these though (something similar if possible) I will be willing to pay around $75 to $100 for the final graphics. Be as creative as you like as long as you use the name correctly...

Title: Weatherdown Graphix (spelled as-is)

What I want: Would like something with a dragon (no chinese types) or maybe a wizard... i like more medieval types, swords and stuff possibly could be used.

Also need to have all rights to the graphic and unlimited use on delivery.

Format requirements: Vector, *Large* Raster, Photoshop-importable format.

I have nothing for you to go off of unfortunatly, so do whatever you think looks good, post it and i will tell you if it is what i want, or if it is similar. i have seen some stuff posted on this site by 3cube, Long, Andre and a couple other people... would love it if these people would be willing to give it a go. Ask me if you have any questions... i'm only online from 8am to 5pm Monday thru Friday Pacific Coast time (California,USA) so bare with me if i don't answer right away (i'm a loser :pinch: and am doing this from work.. no computer at home yet :( )

i just remembered, something similar to what i want can be found in the logo at www.dragonoil.com

let me know if anyone can do this!

PS: No animation please... unless you think it looks good!

kinda what i was thinking.....doens't exaclt look great to customers if your logo wasn't created by yourself

Oh well, but shouldn't this go in the graphics request thread?

Not if he's going to pay for it :)

I'll see what I can do with this one, not promising much though...

.t

Interesting ... Hmmm well it ended up looking like a bird, not a dragon. :p But I think it looks neat. Anyways I'll probably make some more attempts if it's not what your looking for.

post-31-1088577234.jpg

I suppose I could design my own graphics. But personally you guys/girls are about 20 times better than anything I could do... But also remember, I'm just looking for ideas... and if i like it good enough I will buy it. I'm not gonna steal anybodys graphic though so no worries...

Razor Blade: that looks good but like you said, it looks more like a bird... could you maybe make the graphic on the left side and smaller (or the text bigger) next time and maybe have the text be a little more "wierd" if you know what i mean... more graphicy.. thanks

Another thought is to do something with my Avatar pic... Maybe outline it like Razor Blade's last? not sure if thats easy or not, but i think it would look cool.

Edited by weatherdown

here is the avatar pic.. it's a small .jpg, but i hope it helps... :unsure: maybe try a croos between Razor Blades and this pic? ;)

post-31-1088611800.jpg

So what happened to your friend?

Just wondering if you guys would want to help with a couple other posts like this? I haven't started them yet but i will as soon as i get the ok from my friend. She needs a whole logo and even the name of the company made up... with certain requirements of course... She will also more than likely be willing to pay around $100 for your services...

I think a 'designer' who is setting up a 'design' outfit should be creative enough to 'design' something? Yeah?

In her case she is just looking for designs.. hers is not a graphic design company.. it is a marketing company... In my case, My company is not really a graphic design company either, i use what is already there and make it look better... i just happened to call it Weatherdown Graphix cause i like the name. And i'm not good at coming up with something out of the blue... hence the reason for this thread. :wacko:

About my friend though, I still have to get the ok to post her info, that should be later today. i'll let you know though... just look for another thread started by me. :bounce:

Here's something I have just put together, i thought i'd try out the sword idea as i think the sword as a nice shape for a design.

blaa.jpg

very strange, when i try to host it it says image contains errors... what the hell.

Edited by Marba_Tee

that looks good.. i like the text (this is the style i was talking about earlier ;) ;) ).. and the sword hilt. Very clean. I would still like to see a cross between RazorBlades earlier post and my hand drawn pic... i know it's only been a few hours... just sayin.

for future reference, if anybody read the thread "Professional Logo needed for Credit Company" by "islanq", i might be posting something similar to that for the company i work for... we'll see if my boss likes the site first. the company is called "TrueLeaf Technologies" number 1 in the horticulture heating industry.

Anyway, i'd give it another go on that Marba Tee.. maybe get some kind of logo on the left of the text, stager the text ie:

Weatherdown

Graphix

and maybe have the sword point down as the "t" in Weatherdown? just a thought.. (or have crossed swords as the "x"?)

thanks

that looks good.. i like the text (this is the style i was talking about earlier ;) ;) ).. and the sword hilt. Very clean. I would still like to see a cross between RazorBlades earlier post and my hand drawn pic... i know it's only been a few hours... just sayin.

for future reference, if anybody read the thread "Professional Logo needed for Credit Company" by "islanq", i might be posting something similar to that for the company i work for... we'll see if my boss likes the site first. the company is called "TrueLeaf Technologies" number 1 in the horticulture heating industry.

Anyway, i'd give it another go on that Marba Tee.. maybe get some kind of logo on the left of the text, stager the text ie:

Weatherdown

Graphix

and maybe have the sword point down as the "t" in Weatherdown? just a thought.. (or have crossed swords as the "x"?)

thanks

Yep no problem just give you a rough idea of what I had in mind, happy you like the text, the sword is very cleav, I shall have another go and get back to you.

Try out your cartoon image, do you have this in a bigger size?

Try out your cartoon image, do you have this in a bigger size?

no unfortunatly i don't have a bigger size. :unsure: it was scanned off the original picture (it was drawn by me in pencil) a couple years ago. i'm not skilled with photoshop or anything so i probably couldn't do nearly as good as you at making it look better. i use mostly AutoCAD and 3D Studio Max to draw stuff now.. though it's been a few months since i used 3ds MAX... :rofl:

i did this in 3d Studio MAX in 2002 at the Santa Rosa Junior College... not the greatest and i lost the original file so i can't fix it... oh well, i thought it looked cool.

Very nice, there are some very powerful 3D graphic programs out there, I tried 1 and well its like 3 - 4 times the work then if it was 2D and since I have a hard time keeping on 1 thing for a long time I stuck to 2D when it comes to flash.

Heres my try You probably wont like it since you wanted a dark and misty look? but I just went for what looks pretty :D

looks ok.. that image uptop reminds me of a question mark or something... you might keep going on that though... (your right about the dark and misty (or well, more like dark and mystic)) I kind of like the flare off the "x" on the end.. maybe if it was thinker...

nice one

Very nice, there are some very powerful 3D graphic programs out there, I tried 1 and well its like 3 - 4 times the work then if it was 2D and since I have a hard time keeping on 1 thing for a long time I stuck to 2D when it comes to flash.

3ds Max is more or less one of the programs they use to make the movies like "Shrek" Toy Story" Shrek 2" "A Bugs Life" and all those others.. ("Finding Nemo")... yeah :wacko:

thats why i said more or less.. it's similar

happy birthday by the way.. if that is your real birthday...