(3) High-res Counter-Strike:Source Shots!

i still play cs 1.5 even now i play joint operations more :D

does anyone knows the best bot that can handle custom maps and have good waypoints? thank you :D

Indeed it's aztec.

Also textures will be made better before release, and it does seem to miss some of the aztec effects in the game (mainly fog).

ooo fisker :p

If you have not already done so, you can download Steam here.[/b]>

And while I'm at it, I will put my genitals into an operating blender....yes, a ****ing blender:angry::

Sorry, I have personal grudges against steam.

Hmm... those pictures don't even look a whole lot better than Soldier of Fortune 2. Still, CS: Source looked quite nice in the E3 movie, decent effects and the guns sounded quite good. I'm still remaining optimistic about it.

Hmm, is this based on the HL2 engine, cause if it is it doesnt look that impressive,

compared to HL2 that is, but compared to the original CS it looks great.

Additionally, work is under way to transition players from WON to Steam. WON authentication servers will be phased out by the end of summer. If you have not already done so, you can download Steam here.[/b]>

Oh, I was looking for news directly to WON and Steam. My fault...:blush::

the face textures are horrid and simple.

How about we wait until a game is officially released and finished before we bash it, okay? :sleep:

There are new things in CS:Source as form that aztec shot you can see that HUGE big dirty temple which currently ins't in aztec right now, and there are alot of neat things you see in some videos that use the physics of source like how you can move a table in a certain place, some of the map indeed have been tinkered with to add in sutle differences nothing that will infulce gameplay too much, except for some of the movable tables I've seen in a video or 2 it'd be interesting if they can be used for cover when turned on their side.

the first linked pic looks like the level from HL2 with the huge spider like creatures.

or maybe de_havana

Nice pics :D

Last one does look like the building is about to fall over... :p

What can I say? I like what the engine can do but I think they are relying heavily on it only. I mean it seems like they haven't put any effort into the models argh how lame.

you need to take into account that they are still optimizing the new code and net code for the source engine, the eye candy will come in the end, the old models are just place-holders

That's the new CS?!?!? Looks a little worse than current HL2 screens. Not to mention that HL2 is VERY unimpressive for next-gen PC games when you can clearly see how well games like FarCry (present) and Doom 3 (future, amazing) easily look so much better.

That's the new CS?!?!? Looks a little worse than current HL2 screens. Not to mention that HL2 is VERY unimpressive for next-gen PC games when you can clearly see how well games like FarCry (present) and Doom 3 (future, amazing) easily look so much better.

It's CS:S not CS:2 so don't expect anything BIIG

And don't compare it to Doom3, read the damn thread. Alot of it is placeholders

Bah someone explain it to him :no:

It's CS:S not CS:2 so don't expect anything BIIG

And don't compare it to Doom3, read the damn thread. Alot of it is placeholders

Bah someone explain it to him :no::

No, I understand that it's still got a ways to go and the better graphics will come later. I'm just saying that it doesn't look up to par with the next-gen FPS games. It's CS, so it's based on HL2 engine, correct? So it should be further along than these screens.

And what's this all about CS:Source and CS:2? Why do they need 4 Counter-Strike games?

No, I understand that it's still got a ways to go and the better graphics will come later. I'm just saying that it doesn't look up to par with the next-gen FPS games. It's CS, so it's based on HL2 engine, correct? So it should be further along than these screens.

And what's this all about CS:Source and CS:2? Why do they need 4 Counter-Strike games?

Well, you gotta think about the people with low-end machines too ...

You don't NEED them, nobody is forcing you to buy/download them.

CS:S is just a graphics upgrade, CS:2 will upgrade the whole game ...

Something for the people whom are waiting, and want something new

Bit harsh some of these reviews, looks good from where im sitting, graphics don't make a game in my opinion.

Think thats why games like cs and ut are still big. Compare those graphics! ;)