Visual Studio 2005 Beta 1

Question

11 answers to this question

Within a few weeks, non-subscribers will also be able to order a copy of Beta 1 for a nominal fulfillment fee.

Still wishing to have a MSDN account :(

My god, I realy wish I could afford a MSDN account.. I know Express edition is available, but I rather have full versions.. :happy: maybe in a year I'm getting msdn subscription :cool:

My god, I realy wish I could afford a MSDN account.. I know Express edition is available, but I rather have full versions.. :happy: maybe in a year I'm getting msdn subscription  :cool:

I know, they are expensive for me too. :( Well, I will use Visual C# 2005 Express Edition Beta for now; it works good.

My god, I realy wish I could afford a MSDN account.. I know Express edition is available, but I rather have full versions.. :happy: maybe in a year I'm getting msdn subscription :cool:

It will be released to the general public shortly. Don't fret ;).

It will be released to the general public shortly. Don't fret ;).

Do you mean complete visual studio beta 1 will become public available ??

that would be nice :)

Do you mean complete visual studio beta 1 will become public available ??

that would be nice :)

Yes, but you have to purchase the DVD/CDROM. It'll probably be cheap, though. Supposed to happen in "a few weeks."

Yeah, I'm that way too, but I don't really miss anything using the Express edition. I own VC# 2003 standard, and I've had the opportunity to use 2003 Enterprise Architect, and I figured I'd really be missing out using 2005 express, but in reality, I probably never used more than 5% of what's in the EA version, and using 2005 Express I've come to realize that I don't even make full use of the standard version that I do have.

The main thing I need is an editor that does syntax highlighting for me. The intellisense thing is a plus. And then I need a build system. VC# EE combines all these, tho I opted to write my own build files for daily/final builds (MSBuild rox). I don't need more.