Working at the Apple Store

There is a new Apple store oppening next month here in Des Moines, and I applied for a position, makes for a good job while still at College. I hope I get it.....hmm do they give discounts to employees? :D.

There is a new Apple store oppening next month here in Des Moines, and I applied for a position, makes for a good job while still at College. I hope I get it.....hmm do they give discounts to employees? :D.

I read an article that counting how many applicants they get there, it is easier to get into Harvard University than it is to get a job there. If you get it, feel blessed.

yes i have seen the discounts they give to their employees, lets just says its better than education discount. i wonder how they pick from so many applicants. it would be nice to at least get an interview. do you have any retail experience?

yes i have seen the discounts they give to their employees, lets just says its better than education discount. i wonder how they pick from so many applicants. it would be nice to at least get an interview. do you have any retail experience?

Yes I do....

Ok, make sure they don't know you are looking for discounts when you are in the interview. Only ask about compensation and discounts after they offer you the job.

You do realize that you will be discouraged from participating in mac discussion forums if you get the job right?

You will also have to keep a tight lip about company business. :) Good luck.

that would be one great job! what kinda salary is it per hour? commision on selling the computers? *sorry i know nothing about how the apple stores work*

based on a friend that works at an apple store, u get group commission. basicly u work as a team and if u hit a quota and everyone gets a bonus. he said it was the pits because when they got the 17" powerbooks they were only 7 short of it....

You do realize that you will be discouraged from participating in mac discussion forums if you get the job right?

You will also have to keep a tight lip about company business. :) Good luck.

why would he be discouraged from participating in mac discussion forums? and company business? we're talking about working the floor in a retail store here dude, not working as steve jobs's personal secretary

If I got a job at an Apple store I'd just stand infront of the G5 and 30" LCD display all day long. People would walk up to me...

"Excuse me"

"Dont talk to me! I'm busy"

Well good luck on getting the job.

why would he be discouraged from participating in mac discussion forums? and company business? we're talking about working the floor in a retail store here dude, not working as steve jobs's personal secretary

because the retail stores get lots of boxes for stuff ahead of time. i wonder how fast he'd be fired if he came on here to tell us, a week before apple planned to announce it, that the store he worked at just got a shipment of 3ghz g5 boxes or something like that.

Sometimes. But down here in Australia, a friend of mine asked BMW about the ipod compatable thing, and they said the first they heard about it was the newspaper in the morning. But that could just be Australia. :(