[NBA] Nash to Phoenix

Not many defensives threats are available via free-agents or on the trading block right now. At least, nothing worth paying top dollar (or trading) for.

Not many defensives threats are available via free-agents or on the trading block right now. At least, nothing worth paying top dollar (or trading) for.

They need something. They should have done something last year. I think their window has closed by now.

Again, there really wasn't much defensive-wise then, either. They tried, too, they just worked the free agents the wrong way.

Only place I can see Kobe going besides the Lakers now is the Clippers... I just don't see him fitting anywhere else.

Maybe the Spurs but I still think that he will remain with the Lakers so that Shaq can get booted out of the Lakers.

Maybe the Spurs but I still think that he will remain with the Lakers so that Shaq can get booted out of the Lakers.

I can't see that. All I can see there would be problems, IMO.

Hmmm, Phoenix is starting to shape up as a playoff contender. Steve Nash plays with an excellent pace and I can see Amare Stoudemire really benefitting from Nash's penetration ability and outside shooting.

No way Kobe goes to San Antonio. In my opinion, out of any of the teams rumored to get him, the Spurs is the worst fit. They don't need Kobe. They already have good role players to surround Tony Parker and Tim Duncan, and that's what it takes to win championships.

Kobe will most likely stay with the Lakers whether Shaq stays or not. I have a feeling they will be together next year...the breakup of the Lakers was too good to be true.

Unless Shaq comes to the Warriors :laugh:

Eh, I have to disagree. Well, actually, I do agree, but I don't think they'll be that good. Yes, they'll be a playoff contender. A conference contender, no. I'd expect them to be around the 6th seed or so, not much higher.

I can't really see Nash benefiting from this, too. It's going to take him quite a while to get used to the players there, not to mention to become friends with all of them. Nowitzki, Nash and Finley were best friends and the entire Mavericks team had amazing chemistry... I don't see that kind of chemistry happening in Phoenix, but it's possible.

mavs are in trouble. Nash was the key to their offense and they suck at defense. It'll be tough to find someone to replace him

mavs are in trouble. Nash was the key to their offense and they suck at defense. It'll be tough to find someone to replace him

:blink:

Nash was key? Nowitzki was the key, whether Nash fed the ball to him or not. Marquis Daniels can be a good point gaurd, Harris has been amazing in the summer league so far, and Avery Johnson (if they sign him... which it looks like they will) will bring some leadership to the team. I don't think he'll be impossible to replace... it will just take some time.

:blink:

Nash was key? Nowitzki was the key, whether Nash fed the ball to him or not. Marquis Daniels can be a good point gaurd, Harris has been amazing in the summer league so far, and Avery Johnson (if they sign him... which it looks like they will) will bring some leadership to the team. I don't think he'll be impossible to replace... it will just take some time.

good point nash is not the key to the mavricks offense the hole thing is designed to go through dirk the big man that doesnt like to play inside but does well on the perimeter, the only team that has ever had their point guard as main focus was the lakers in the 80's with magic he was the floor leader that allways put up good all around numbers but the main point getter was kareem so to say that nash is the key was not a good point but harris is gunna one heck of a point guard i would take him any day over nash b/c he is bigger in size more athletic "not takeing anything away from nash one hell of a guard and any white player that can play with that much entensity goes on my list of players that I respect