ZIP-250 In W2000 Problem

I boot from seperate enternal scsi enclosures seperately W2000 and XP Pro. I'm having a problem in W2000 Only in regard to my Iomega Zip-250. When I boot it doesn't exist anymore (after three years) in Windows Explorer. Device manager still shows the drive. It's no longer in MMC in Removable Devices. In disk management it shows only as a "removable device" and will not show unless I have a disk inserted in the Zip drive, and then it shows as 239mb unassigned volume. Then in disk management I try to assign drive letter "F" and it says I must reboot to enable the volume. This works but I must have a disk installed before boot for windows 2000 to find the drive. If I eject the disk in windows to install another, I must go through the same procedure and disk management must reboot to enable the volume. I've reinstalled the device and SP-4 at least 5 times with the same results. In XP the Zip-250 works Perfectly like it always has worked. ANY ideas other than S*** can the Zip-250?

PS: I've tried this with IomegaWare 4.03 and without installed. I know W2000 is very sensitive to hardware, could the drive be going bad? Any help would be greatly appreciated!