Firefox says "Hi, I'm Internet Explorer."

My bank, student loan, and countless other sites will not let me log in using any browser other than Internet Explorer, which is the only reason I keep on going back to IE. Is there any kind of extension for Firefox that will tell the site requesting the browser identification that it is Internet Explorer?

Also, links that copy text directly into the clipboard....works fine in IE...text doesn't copy in Firefox. Any ideas?

Negative...

The website has detected that you are not currently using an Internet Explorer Browser. To eliminate the potential for errors, it is recomended that you use Internet Explorer 5.0 or above while using the website. Please close this browser and launch the website with Internet Explorer. Thank you.

Any other ideas?

Whats the site?

You could ask them very nicley to add support, but they will probably will say no, or take a year to do it :pinch:

It's actually a bunch of sites. My work's internal website I need to access requires it, my bank's website requires it, student loan website, etc.

Just get the user agent switcher posted above, and make sure you switch it yourself via tools-> user agent switcher -> IE6, doesn't do it automatically :)

Once you do that, the site will not be able to detect that you're not using internet explorer.