Tour de France

Quite a boring Tour (again) this year.

Armstrong is gonna win, since he is simply the best. There is no competition..... it's just that simple.

I expected more from Mayo, but after his fall he hasn't been on his usual level... too bad.

Hope next year will be more exciting.

It's definately got to be Armstrong to win, I don't think that anyone can challenge him at the moment, but who knows in the next few years.

Go Armstrong!

On a side note, I noticed a lot of people on the radio pronounced it too-er-duh-france instead of tour-de-france.

Quite a boring Tour (again) this year.

Armstrong is gonna win, since he is simply the best. There is no competition..... it's just that simple.

I expected more from Mayo, but after his fall he hasn't been on his usual level... too bad.

Hope next year will be more exciting.

No competition?! What about Ulrich and Brasso!

ivan basso is doing really well. :o :yes: lance says he might be the future of the tour. ;) no more tyler hamilton. :( :(

Basso is the future of the tour, no question about that.

No competition?! What about Ulrich and Brasso!

Seriously, Ullrich is on more then 7 minutes now.

I don't know how long you have been following the Tour, but I have been watching it since 10 years or so and with 7 minutes behind is almost impossible to win..... especially with Armstrong in this form.

About Basso (not Brasso), he's good, but when it really comes to it I don't think he can compete with Armstrong. Not yet at least. Maybe he can keep up with Armstrong in the mountains, but then just wait untill the next timetrail... bam, bye bye Basso.

The reason why Armstrong is so good is because he is a master in the 2 most important disciplines in the Tour, the mountains and the timetrails.

I don't like it that Armstrong is gonna win again, since it is getting really really boring, but he deserves it. There isn't anyone who can match him at the moment.

And about Tyler "I broke my collarbone" Hamilton. He is the most overrated cyclist I've ever seen. He isn't half as good as some people want you to think. Next year I hope Beloki and Mayo can be more of a challenge for Armstrong, both are great cyclists and have sort of the same specialties as Armstrong (timetrials and the mountains). Too bad both aren't seriously in competition because of injuries (Beloki isn't even in the Tour this year because of an injury and Mayo had a terrible fall which ruined his Tour).

Edited by Schmoove

Seriously, Ullrich is on more then 7 minutes now.

I don't know how long you have been following the Tour, but I have been watching it since 10 years or so and with 7 minutes behind is almost impossible to win..... especially with Armstrong in this form.

About Basso (not Brasso), he's good, but when it really comes to it I don't think he can compete with Armstrong. Not yet at least. Maybe he can keep up with Armstrong in the mountains, but then just wait untill the next timetrail... bam, bye bye Basso.

The reason why Armstrong is so good is because he is a master in the 2 most important disciplines in the Tour, the mountains and the timetrails.

I don't like it that Armstrong is gonna win again, since it is getting really really boring, but he deserves it. There isn't anyone who can match him at the moment.

And about Tyler "I broke my collarbone" Hamilton. He is the most overrated cyclist I've ever seen. He isn't half as good as some people want you to think. Next year I hope Beloki and Mayo can be more of a challenge for Armstrong, both are great cyclists and have sort of the same specialties as Armstrong (timetrials and the mountains). Too bad both aren't seriously in competition because of injuries (Beloki isn't even in the Tour this year because of an injury and Mayo had a terrible fall which ruined his Tour).

Yes, now it is 7 minutes. You look like very smart for not posting sooner, good job :laugh:

Sorry, my finger slipped the first time. I think he's already proved that he can compete with Armstrong -- look where he's finished the past 3 parts compared to Armstrong. He's still been with 'em the whole time, and he's only about a minute behind right now. How is that not competition? We'll see, though. I think you'll be surprised how good Basso is.

And, I never said anything about Hamilton ;)

Yes, now it is 7 minutes. You look like very smart for not posting sooner, good job  :laugh:

Sorry for not being on the board day and night.... I've got other things to do...

Though after the fist etape in the mountains it was already quite clear that Ullrich doesn't have an answer on the Armstrongs display of power and finesse.

Sorry, my finger slipped the first time. I think he's already proved that he can compete with Armstrong -- look where he's finished the past 3 parts compared to Armstrong. He's still been with 'em the whole time, and he's only about a minute behind right now. How is that not competition? We'll see, though. I think you'll be surprised how good Basso is.

Basso did very well, though wait untill the timetrail, I hope he keeps up, but I doubt it. Armstrong is physically, mentally and tactically stronger then Basso I think. It also helps that US Postal is riding for Armstrong and Armstrong alone.

And, I never said anything about Hamilton ;)

Correct, some other guy did. Still Hamilton is highly overrated by the press in my opinion.

yep.. and its the alpe d'huez tomorrow... have any of you been there? I did a mtb race there last year called the megavalanche (over 800 riders descending from 3300m (glacier!)).. anyway, all i can say is i have MASSIVE respect for anyone who even attempts to ride the road up to alpe d'huez - it's crazy! The car we used struggled to get up there! Not just the steepness, but the complete lack of oxygen doesn't help at all! Tomorrow is going to be very interesting! Anyway, Lance all the way for tomorrow i'd say, and a 6th tour overall!

Too many people supposedly using drugs for this to be a good tournament!

yeah,thers a lot of doping involed with cycling. :/ many have been kicked out of the tour.

Is Lance coming back next year if he wins this year? Or is he going to hang it up?

Also, don't they test riders multiple times during the actual 20 stage event to see if they are doping?

us postal won the team time trial today. :woot: lance now has the malliot jaune. ;) :cool:

Is he going to be sponsored by another company in the future? Think I heard something about Postal dropping sponsorship soon.

BTW, I hope Lance wins if for no other reason than to make the Frenchies look bad. :devil:

i can see armstrong winning but i still think there is no way he's naturally that good...

they probably gave him stuff when he was getting cured...

You are just joking, right? He has never tested positive for any doping or masking substance, if I remember correctly. Maybe he just works harder than anyone else? Maybe being near death and fighting off cancer made his will strong enough to overcome?

Is he going to be sponsored by another company in the future? Think I heard something about Postal dropping sponsorship soon.

no,their second sponsor,berry floor a belgium company will not sponsor them in the 2005 season.

no,their second sponsor,berry floor a belgium company will not sponsor them in the 2005 season.

So US Postal will remain their primary sponsor? Hope so. I like hearing the US in the name. Makes ya feel kinda proud, plus it reminds everyone that it is a US based team and with the world hating on the US so much lately, it is cool to get some kind of positive association with the US designation. (Y)