firefox 0.9.1

I search google for awhile, and did not get any results, and have not yet to bother searching here, since it is not so easy to on something like this, and I do not feel like checking every single firefox thread that has been made recently.

I have looked through a lot of the extensions, and throughout all the options and do not see this.

I am a long time user of myie2, which uses internet explorer. I have finally gone through searching for all the extensions that I need to have the same options like I do on myie2, such as draging links, which I found an extension, and so on.

The only problem now at the moment is that I only want to allow 1 instance of FireFox to be opened, and can not seem to fine anywhere to do this or anything I can get for this to happen. Is it possible or what?

Thanks in advance.

By instance do you mean window? Firefox doesn't load multiple instances, at least not on my machine. If you do, checkout the extension called "single window 1.0".

I use TabBrowser Extensions which has an option where you can select to only allow one browser open at all times, and then the second option of allowing multiple browsers open at times. You would of course choose, "All Only One Browser Open."

You can get this extension here -> http://white.sakura.ne.jp/~piro/

EDIT: Damnit, you guys beat me to it! :angry:

I'ts cool :cool:, I type slow ...

TabBrowser Extensions should let you run in single browser window mode

Thank you, I could not find this through the firefox extensions, but google found it easily. Thanks :)

Now to just figure out why it takes so long to startup..

and not have ctrl+w close firefox if I am on my last tab.

Firefox starts up slow because I believe it has to load all the extensions you have installed. At least in my case which I have about 12 extensions and it takes me about 2 minutes for Firefox to startup and load the homepages.

im really p***ed off with firefox 0.9 was ment to be a bug fix but its made more, i used to be able to use firefox 0.8 and i can remeber it never crashed i was browsing today hit one page and it crashed, but 0.8 would never crash. it seems to me 0.9 is a step back

Firefox starts up slow because I believe it has to load all the extensions you have installed. At least in my case which I have about 12 extensions and it takes me about 2 minutes for Firefox to startup and load the homepages.

And may I add that it does not bother me because Firefox is always running on my system so when I leave the computer, I just leave Firefox on screen or minimized.

r u nuts? u must have a slow system cause i have 15 extensions and my firefox start fast.......u cant find extensions??? like drag and drop? look here:

My Extensions Mirror

look unde 0.9 list at the left........