Sound Blaster Live Value Liveware

Does anyone know how to get the sound blaster liveware to work for XP, I can not get the creative launcher or any of the other normal things to work that I had on my 98 machine. I was wanting the Audio Headquarters. I have tried installing the live ware for 2K but everytime I do, after I restart my computer it goes very slow and wants to crash.

Originally posted by Paul03  

Does anyone know how to get the sound blaster liveware to work for XP, I can not get the creative launcher or any of the other normal things to work that I had on my 98 machine. I was wanting the Audio Headquarters. I have tried installing the live ware for 2K but everytime I do, after I restart my computer it goes very slow and wants to crash.  

YIPES!!! Once you install the Liveware for Win2k, youre stuck. Your computer will bitch at you untill day's end, even if you replaced the devldr32.exe! i had the same problem before. All i can say is: Have a fun re-install! (or deal with error messages and crashes...)

My dad had this same problem, but he found a fix. He said it works if you extract the files you download before you even start the install, then replace the devldr32.exe with the one in the XP directory and then run the setup. So, instead of replacing devldr32.exe after the install, you replace it before the install. Hope this helps.

thanks, do you know where I can get a version to unzip, I keep have tried downloading theone from the soundblaster site, but it is a setup.exe file and I cant fin where it is placing the files in the temp directory. This might be because my win XP decided to put itself in a folder called temp. I am not sure if this is messing things up or what. Anyone have any suggestions on that. I already tried renaming it to something else but it wont give me an option to rename it. So now my temp directory is C:temptemp