does your school use mac?

does your school use mac?  

142 members have voted

1. 1. does your school use mac?

• yes
    • no
    • wtf is mac

mines yes i wish they had xp :(

The TDSB uses Macs for elementary and Windows 2000 in secondary schools. The odd secondary school has a Linux lab.

EWW no.. canada honestly doesn't use Mac's.. there a low.. very low seller in canada...

no, thankfully. my friend once brought a powerpoint to class that he wrote to a cd in the mac. it didnt work on the pc's at school and the teacher gave him a 0 on it. he went up and had to do it without the presentation behind him to salvage his grade and bring it up toa D. these kinds of problems are avoided by just using pc's.

no, thankfully. my friend once brought a powerpoint to class that he wrote to a cd in the mac. it didnt work on the pc's at school and the teacher gave him a 0 on it. he went up and had to do it without the presentation behind him to salvage his grade and bring it up toa D. these kinds of problems are avoided by just using pc's.

Maybe he should've tested it in Windows before resting an important grade on it. For all you know he was using Office v.X and the school had Office '97 or something.

yes about 30 computers in my school are macs (but they are there for the sole purpose of multimedia)

rest (about 100) are all P4 dells using xp sp1 :) >> our school it pretty rich since the govt pays for em :p

how about laser printers? we have 3 at out school :D

:happy: i hack the accounts so all my prints are free (usually $2 per page :crazy: )

my school has winxp(on the newest), win2k(most of the boxen are this), mac(about 20 on campus), redhat(I know of 30 boxen), mandrake(a couple), and freebsd(2 boxen) boxen

btw, it is a university

my high school has tons of winxp workstations(thousands of them) and a couple of macs(older ones in the music and art departments)

Maybe he should've tested it in Windows before resting an important grade on it. For all you know he was using Office v.X and the school had Office '97 or something.

no, office 2000 or xp, cant remmember but it was a brand new pc.

the pc couldnt read the cd at all. none of the pc's in teh engineering lab could. and they were super-highend.

Edit:BTW, this powerpoint was our final. however, the teacher is super easy and he got an B anyway, even after getting a dd on the final.

EWW no.. canada honestly doesn't use Mac's.. there a low.. very low seller in canada...

I think in my school of about 300 Dells there were about 5 Macs. 3 of them belonged to teachers (Powerbooks) and there were two iMacs in one of the classrooms.

at my high school there is a machine in every room......and about 6 labs with about 30 machines each. the science rooms also have about 7 machines each. they are all mixed XP, 98, 2000. ironicly the computer science rooms have crappy pentium 2s while the business computer rooms have 1.7ghz P4's....... oh and we have some macs in the tv broadcasting room.

at my high school there is a machine in every room......and about 6 labs with about 30 machines each. the science rooms also have about 7 machines each. they are all mixed XP, 98, 2000. ironicly the computer science rooms have crappy pentium 2s while the business computer rooms have 1.7ghz P4's....... oh and we have some macs in the tv broadcasting room.

Wow...your high school sounds EXACTLY like mine! (Including the bit about the computer science and business computer rooms)

our school has five pc labs. three running windows 98 on 1ghz machines, one of the labs used to have ME but that was fixed. one lab has xp on 1.6 ghz machines, and the rest of the theacher computers are around 300 mhz pcs running 98. we also have a portable pc laptop lab with pcs running 98. the science departmant at our school uses macs, and they have a portable g3 iceBook lab running os 9.2.1 i think, i want to steal one of the iBooks but i have morals (damn morals!). oh, and out photo lab uses varius macs incl. biege g3's, B&W, g4 cubes, and they even got about ten single processor g5's a few months ago.

Our school is 95% PC 3 Windows Labs, all classrooms have one Windows computer for attendance and only the library has 10 old iMacs.

This is a tough question for me.

No, the school I attend is a Windows 2000, Redhat Linux, and Solaris shop.

Yes, I am the network admistrator and designer at Belfast Elementary which is a Macintosh-only school save for one PC in the library used to scan books in and out.

I guess the answer is um...kinda?

My Grade School had a combination of Gateways and some old Ice iMacs, they were capable of os x, yet they insisted to use OS 9... :cry:

Most elementary schools in Toronto use Macs. Until recently, nearly exclusively.