does your school use mac?

does your school use mac?  

142 members have voted

1. 1. does your school use mac?

• yes
    • no
    • wtf is mac

The school I was at ran windows 95 and had about 2 windows 98 computers near the time I left they had 1 Mac I dont know its specs cause I never used it and I didnt know anything about Apple other then the games I had wouldnt work on it. (I know it wasnt running any version of Os X though)

At my high school we have a mac lab with about 25 older iMacs. I think there 233 and 333 mhz with the nasty hockey puck mice. Well at least their fast enough to play Quake... :D We also have a 2 other labs with PC's and nothing over a P2 400mhz but they work well enough.

At my high school we have a mac lab with about 25 older iMacs. I think there 233 and 333 mhz with the nasty hockey puck mice. Well at least their fast enough to play Quake... :D We also have a 2 other labs with PC's and nothing over a P2 400mhz but they work well enough.

LOL thats what we where using at school!! those old imacs!!! i will never forget that fu*king mouse!! try to play UT on this crap!!

Oh man my school uses a variety of Dells and iMacs....the iMacs are white and green and I dont know the model of that or the Dells but lemme tell you I wanted to throw that "puck" mouse across the room and hit someone in the head wit it. So annoying!

at my schol we have 7 labes most of our computer p4 2.4 512 mb ect same for all the teachers

english lab p3 1.2 256 ram.

science p4 2.8 1gb ram

Graphics design 15 inch imac 24 of them

My school uses both PCs & Macs. Cheapo Hp/compaq in places like Library etc., where they are accessible by everybody. Macs for the creative/design/engg. depts. :) Other depts may also use them but I dont know as I have been to them.

High School - No, and I graduated before winXP was released (officially) so we were only on 98 or 2000.

College - I'm taking Graphic Design, so we're completely on Mac's. My teachers all hate PC's. Turned me into a winXP customizer to get my GUI to look like a Mac :p

Macs in the Broadcast Journalism class...

POS PC's everywhere else... various hardware, various OS'es, various bugs CONSTANTLY... at least the broadcast journalism class has the right idea, Dual 1.8GHz G5 for editing this year, did so well, they got a huge budget for this year, they're ordering a slew of new iMacs and eMacs along with an xServe G5 & xRAID for storing all the video.

No! :no:

All the employees on my school, including me, are running Windows 2000.

Never seen a Mac around here, except when I bring my PB to show off! :laugh:

We have lots of WinXP and Unix (Sun Solaris), some Macs (PowerPC G4 1GHz) and a Linux lab (never been there though) in my college.

before i graduated from college (that was in 99) we only had pentiums running 98 or 2k. all crappy machines.

My school (Georgia Tech) isn't exclusively Mac, but I'm starting to see it a lot more nowadays. I see about 1/3 of the people with laptops using an Apple machine. We have several Mac labs. Our library (which was recently upgraded) has about 1/3 of it's systems being 17" iMacs (and about 7 23" dual screen PowerMacs). I see a large number of professors with Macs in their offices.

We're pretty Mac-friendly at Tech :)

my school Eastern Michigan University has both mac and PCs. For the macs they have anything ranging from the older g3 towers to g4 towers and also they have some Emacs all running OSX, for the PCs they have Dells running XP pro. on them

our school is pretty poor, we have 2 computer labs running iMacs, the green ones, not even the clear ones, the original iMacs. 1 Lab running relativly new IBMs and all the art classes and some teachers have the newst 17" iMacs, but our school severs are set up to run OS 9, so thats what we use, except i installed OSX on my computer in my art class and my computer in my film class. jsut because it runs so much faster.

DePaul University gives you:

Gateways with Windows XP

G4s with OS X 10.2

G5s with OS X 10.3

Respectively with flat panels and cinema displays.

I guess that's where part of the tuition comes into play.

no, office 2000 or xp, cant remmember but it was a brand new pc.

the pc couldnt read the cd at all. none of the pc's in teh engineering lab could. and they were super-highend.

Edit:BTW, this powerpoint was our final. however, the teacher is super easy and he got an B anyway, even after getting a dd on the final.

Then he probably wrote the CD in HFS instead of ISO9660. Easy mistake to make if you aren't paying attention to what option you have set in Toast. Since the Mac will read either, it's easy to forget sometimes that Windows will only read ISO9660.

Oh, and to stay on topic, my college uses Macs in the graphic design courses.

Im quite supprised by the number of people who still use 95 at school/colleges. I dont think our uni has any Mac's. All Windows 2000 and Linux.

my school uses Windows XP for all the workstations, and Server 2003 for the servers. The only places that macs are used are in the graphics rooms. And perhaps a few teachers have mac laptops.