x800PRo or the 6800GT ?

175 members have voted

1. 1. x800PRo or the 6800GT ?

• ATi x800PRO
    • nVidia 6800GT

If the 6800 Ultra is playing a game with no AA and AF, then it will kick the X800's arse.

If AA and AF is full-on, the X800 will kick the 6800's arse.

Most people actually play games that use AA and AF nowadays....

I'd go the Nvidia card, it'll kick Ati's ass. www.guru3d.com has some interesting reviews.....

I've used both cards, and i'd be tempted an Nvidia over an Ati. Better driver/s with Nvidia's card...

And I spose u can always get a new set every few weeks heh heh ;)

Raa.

nVidia is currently better... especially seeing that it has PS3.0 which has already yielded gains of over 10fps in a lot of tests with Farcry. I currently have all ATi cards at the moment, but the GT has been outperforming the X800Pro by quite a margin with the latest drivers (don't forget that nVidia doesn't yet have any official drivers for the 6800 series). [This is better performance, EVEN WITH anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering]

The top range is still in flux. The 6800UE is a good performer but aparently if you have a 3800+ AMD chip (or anywhere quite close) then the ATi starts to outperform as it seems to be CPU hungry.

Plus, the GT usually has two DVI outs, which ATi manufacturers seem to be avoiding. The market is close, but all recent reviews with the latest few beta driver sets are showing that the GT is better and that they have improved the image quality problems (in fact it is ATi that is having graphics problems with Farcry - they have a mipmap problem causes graphics errors).

I used to have a high end GF4 and i have now upgraded to ATI x800pro VIVO which is just amazing!!

problems i had with the GF4 VIVO card:

Vivo service never works ( fails to start unless i under clocked the P4 from 2.2 to 1700) how crap is that!!

Picture quality of of the DVI s*cked big time

I'd say any but if you good quality of AA or AS then ATI is the way to go myself planning to go ATI from NVIDIA even though FS2004 is most the game I play

Checkout TomsHardware review of all the tops cards compared on FarCry: FarCry Patch 1.2

With PS3.0 support the GT now takes the lead further against the X800Pro. In some test the GT goes from being only 1fps ahead of the X800Pro on PS2.0 to being 14fps faster... and nVidia are certainly better at optimising their drivers than ATi.

I personally use ATi at the moment because the 5xxx series was a failure... but now nVidia does have a better card (in the mid range, the X800XT PE is usually fastest of all) and you shouldn't stick to loyalty when a card is clearly better. The GT is nearly always better now, and it is cheaper (where I live at least); plus, as I mentioned, the GT [by XFX] is the two DVI model! :)

I'd say any but if you good quality of AA or AS then ATI is the way to go myself planning to go ATI from NVIDIA even though FS2004 is most the game I play

No its not, benchmarks have proven that the higher the AA/AF goes the more the 6800GT pulls ahead.

August edition of PCZone did a compare of the x800Pro and the 6800GT.

I read in an article, not sure if it was at tomshardware or guru3d but the 6800GT

has it's own divx compression capability built right into the GPU. now I do a lot of

divx work as well as play games so my choice would be the 6800GT.

now if I only had a faster computer to justify getting the 6800 :blush: hehe

I love ati but whos going to be the fastest when the smoke clears?

(ie: new drivers)

and is the guy about me right?

does nvidia have divx built in? :woot: :ninja:

good job sumi with the 16 pipes the xt shows significant performance increases above nvidia

:alien:

August edition of PCZone did a compare of the x800Pro and the 6800GT.

Why isn't the x800XT and the 6800GT compared. Those are the cards that are supposed to be rivals?

EDIT: Oh the x800XT and the 6800 Ultra are the "rivals"...

i want nvidia :|

why oh why did i buy ati again

**** any one want to switch?

Don't say that the x800Pro is about equal to the GT. Just Farcry seems to run a lot better on a 6800. You still made a great purchase.

Yay! I just got a hold of some extra cash:DD

So it's a race between x800XT and the Ultra now:DD

GET THE CHEAPTER GPU & BUY SOME DDR400!!!! :crazy::

Do you really have to spend the money now?

Should wait for the upcoming next-gen games to come out first and look at the benchmarks.

Like HL 2, Doom 3, And Stalker.

The Ultra is really pretty big and noisy

I love ati but whos going to be the fastest when the smoke clears?

(ie: new drivers)

and is the guy about me right?

does nvidia have divx built in? :woot:  :ninja:

good job sumi with the 16 pipes the xt shows significant performance increases above nvidia

:alien:

any processor with that many pipes runs the risk of being inefficient

but then again it helps allow for HUGE clock speed increases but then

again it increases heat output too possibly

but yeah I just reread the article at tomshardware and the 6800 Gt

does have the divx codec in the GPU itself hehe WOW :D.. in the same article

tho it's said that the higher the AA/AF goes the 6800 jumps out ahead

but in the end I don't think anyone coudl go wrong with either card

but with all the divx stuff I do and the games I like to play my choice

is still gonna go with the 6800GT

Okay guys, since i've got some more cash i'll ask you this.

Wich should i choose of these ?

ATi x800PRO

ATi x800XT

ATi x800XT PE

nVidia 6800

nVidia 6800 GT

nVidia 6800 Ultra

Games i play:

Soldiers: Heroes of WW2 (Quite demanding )

Counter strike: CZ

FarCry

Mafia

CG2

Games i will play:

HL2

DoomIII

What would you recommend ?