Webmin

FYI: This is for Linux

Webmin is free and offers an easy way to do a lot of things. Such as using YUM or RPMs. Its all pretty much point and click and the Software manager to add plugins is also point and click. Also it has a searchable RPM database it keeps stored on your system so you can always just search to see if you already have something installed and the description and where everything is. Also will uninstall them for you. There are file managers, Apache Virtual server stuff, a couple of different FTPd/FTP server point and click interfaces. Pretty much it takes a lot of the reasons why some people are forced to go into the command line away. You can even burn CDs through it. And you can access it via a webbrowser, from anywhere. Also let's you set up an assortment of firewalls easily. There are all kinds of features it has and a lot of plugins for what it doesn't have!

Anyway as I know of people's short attention spans I won't go into any details. But I use it personally and it saves me a lot of time. It isn't just for beginners, but its easy for beginners.

Check it out: HERE

If you have any questions about it, I'll do my best to answer them. This could also help a lot of people in Windows that want to try out linux.