Internet Explorer 6.0

I'm trying to find out if I can find the 6.0.2800.1106.xpsp2 version of IE. My whole browser crashed, and now it's not working properly. There are quite a few websites that I can no longer get to (i.e. www.yahoo.com). Anyone have any ideas how to fix or where I can get the setup exe to re-install? Also, the "address" toolbar is grayed out. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Does the browser not work at all or does it not go to any www. pages?

It works on some www pages, but not all of them. Like major search engines such as Yahoo, MSN, Lycos that sort of thing, I keep getting "Page can not be displayed".

Everytime I have tried to run and iesetup, it tells me that the version I have is newer than that setup, so it won't do anything. I don't have the iesetup fot the version of IE that came with my computer. That's what I'm trying to see if anyone has.

I have done spyware scans, and nothing shows up.

This has worked for me in the past

Search for the following files

URLMON.dll

and

WININET.dll

and rename the extension to .old

eg URLMON.OLD and WININET.OLD

you should then be able to run the IESETUP with no problems

Hope this helps

Why don't U use Firefox or Mozilla and leavew your problems behind permanently

*sigh* another firefox troll

i don't recall him asking for alternate browsers, or implying that he wants to use any

he specifically asked for help with IE, so if you can't post something helpful then don't post at all

@sarai411,

try system restore, as Spyder suggested, or try to windows xp sp2 rc2