BT Internet

Am I the only person here who really, really resents BTi's treatment of possibly its most loyal user group?

We've all been shunted onto a new number, which is frankly crap. Very Very hard to connect to. :(

I seriously resent being labelled a nusiance for simply using a service that i've payed for.

Hell i've not even been using it much this summer, maybe 5hrs a night.

If there any america f16 pilots flying over BTi's HQ, feel free to drop a few blu109's on bti hq.

Ta.

Jon

i second that cos the money we pay is shite for the service that we recieve........ its not bloody well on, if they can't cope with the strain they should'nt take on any more customers, what the hell do we pay our ?15 a month for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think its about time BT got them selves sorted

I used to use BTi but jumped to Blueyonder (telewest) whose HSI service is pretty much the mutts nutts @ 25 quid a month for a 512K connection.

:ditsy:

so called heavy users have been moved from ***001 to ***004.

And its dam hard to connect with.

More often than not the call is answered, implying enough modem ports, but authentication fails for loads of different reasons.

P*ssing me right off!

I vote crusade against bti's scumness.

Jon

Originally posted by PabUK

I like BT. Or at least BTOpenworld.

Good value ADSL @ 500kbps is wonderful.

I have just ordered ADSL and was wondering whether it is really faster.

Do they hold all the news groups you know what I mean?

Not that I agree with downloading warez!;)

Blueyonder (telewest) whose HSI service is pretty much the mutts nutts

Really:) I think you must be mistaken, i use blueyonder HSI and although when the connections working its great at 60K per second max from good sources, over half the time it doesn't work. plus after having it since last december, the service only changed from 40k to 60k until around March after another months outage because they messed up the upgrade in my area

Originally posted by Stevie

I have just ordered ADSL and was wondering whether it is really faster.

Do they hold all the news groups you know what I mean?

Not that I agree with downloading warez!;)

Yes, of course it is faster! Than dial-up anyway! For me it is 16x faster than dial-up, and that is something!

most of the issues with BY are fairly localised........i'm in scotland and although i have had a few "off days" with slow routing etc. overall i'm satisfied with the service.

Although a nice 1.5Mbit connection which equates to a bandwidth orgy of around 180K a second would be nice :devious:.....wait make that f***ing amazing! :cool:

I'm am using NTL 64k cable [not full speed] and its brilliant, no problems at all [apart from for no reason the whole of Wales goes down but that is very rare, lol].

As for BT they were on Watchdog [the show where the move the camera to try and recreate being at sea] and a leaked memo from inside the company said that they were to shunt all users that USE BT a lot [on dial-up] onto a new number to "spread the load", but which at most times has this problem "This line is not currently accepting calls" [or something along those lines]. Basically if you are offered to change number [or forced to] DON'T, because it's BT's way of stopping you using the internet so much.

It is very sad that BT screws its customers like it does. And it's no wonder why it's going under in debt because all the customers move over to NTL and the like because of the way they are treated by BT. When we tried to switch phone companies they messed about with the other company for months and then cut us of early. :(

I hate it when ISP does that. Worse of all, when I ask them why was it so hard to connect or why was it that I get such a crappy speed, they goes "It all works fine for me!" OMFG.. Anyway, I changed ISP now.. :D

Originally posted by mortensen

I'm am using NTL 64k cable [not full speed] and its brilliant, no problems at all [apart from for no reason the whole of Wales goes down but that is very rare, lol].

Not full speed? I thought 64KB was full speed for NTL?

I'm talking about Kilobytes, not kilobits - I'm trying to change the world to stop measuring bandwidth in bits and everything else in bytes :)

Here's the arcticle on TheRegister about how bad BT is: BT

And "I'm" on 64k because it's free, whereas 512k cable is more expensive... the only thing we pay for is renting the cable modem. Therefore if we ever wanted to upgrade to 512k cable all we would have to do is tell NTL and pay more, which is really simple.

64k on NTL works out at about 7-9kb/s download speed, and 10kb/s on really good sites.

Originally posted by YahoKa

Wow... north americans have much better providers... i hate to say so, but haha... "just ?14.99 per month" for such crappy service... and we pay about ~ $29.99 US for good cable/dsl... >

Those of us who live in a broadband cabled area or near a DSL exchange can get good cable/dsl for between ~?20 (NTL - not with television packages or phone) or ?40 for BT DSL. But availablity is very poor here - I'm moving to an area with cable, but they don't actually offer broadband yet - just phone/televisi:( :(

:evil: youre right guys, bt internet is crap and i hate em, the way they treat customers is amazing!!!!!

my connection is crap and im disconnected every quarter of an hour sometimes

livin in the east of england, any idea for a good cable or whatever?

BT INTERNET IS CRAP

Just got a letter from them:

---------------

Dear Loyal Customer,

Thanks for continually paying us an above average monthly fee while resisting all urges to break any contractual obligations.

In a gesture of our appreciation, we are now going to screw you out of your present, fairly reliable and nearly busy-free connection and dump you on our heavy users number where we have about one modem connection for every one hundred users.

Meanwhile, you may wish to take this opportunity to consider paying us considerably more than other DSL users in the likes of the USA, Canada and Austrailia currently pay for a broadband connection of at least the 32KBps ADSL connection we offer. We feel this may be of interest to you as your dailup connection just got buggered up. Hawhaw!

Once again, thank you for paying us your cash and we hope you enjoy our decreased quality connection or choose to pay us twice the amount for DSL.

Best regard,

BTinternet team.

PS: In a joint effort between us and cable companies across the United Kingdom, we will never, ever even consider putting DSL or cable access to anywhere within 3 miles of Rob "Xain" Cunningham. Hawhaw!

---------------

-- That's from memory, it might not be exactly like that. I think they meant the "Hawhaw!'s to be in the style of Nelson Muntz :)

I've always known these guys to charge more than usual, but I was willing to pay about ?5/m more for the reliability and easy connection - I very rarely get busy signals. To be fair, I haven't had much trouble with the new number, but I've only been using it for a few hours so it's early days yet.

EDIT: Now used it for a few hours more and I no longer recommend BTi as a dialup ISP. The connection is shocking and their claims are nearly fraudulent. I didn't break any terms of the usage contract, nor did I bend the meaning of anything. I did use the Anytime offer a lot, but what do they expect? They clearly knew many customers would as they are always quick to point out after they mention the disconnection every 2 hours (which now rarely lasts 1 hour) you can connect again straight away. You can't. I had to dial around 10 times for a connection that lasted 11 minutes.