Do u believe in Vampires?

do they exist??  

225 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

YaZoR
The bog standard vampire is a biological impossibility.

That is such a quality line. :laugh:

Brandon

bat changing humans... i think ill pass thanks

kitteny_berk

no, a lot of the symptoms are real, mostly other illnesses, but the vampire itself was all Bram Stoker

coresx

Its not possible. Humans can't drink human blood. It would make you sick. Its proven. But you do get twats that think they are and don't actually drink blood. They put a kidney in a blender and drink it. You also get people that react badly to sunlight as well.

skaife

Nah... I don't think so.

As a general rule, I reckon the only 'supernatural' (I use this term loosely here) beings that would exist are aliens.

Andre

Some bats are vampires... o_O

kitteny_berk
Its not possible. Humans can't drink human blood. It would make you sick. Its proven. But you do get twats that think they are and don't actually drink blood. They put a kidney in a blender and drink it. You also get people that react badly to sunlight as well.

very true, you tend to blow after a pint or two of blood.

YBG

I can say I don't believe. Come on, the whole theory sounds a little wacko. Might just be me.

null_

*in Dracula tone*: I vant to suck your vlood!

No.. vampires don't exist.. at least not around here

TheNay

Nah I don't think so either however I will have to say that anything is possible in this universe, what do we really know, muhahahahaha ;)

[moribundi]
no, i'm not sure but i think the concept of vampires was coigned by the first dracula novel, you see what i mean...

Not even. Every major culture and society throughout human history has had legends of vampires as well as were-people. Dunno when all of mankind got together and held a big group vote to decide on what legends to create, but I sure missed out. Kinda makes you wonder though.

Ivand

Don't think so. bleh

nivek7

umm... no :no:

rstroud

It's like fairy tales, they get passed down, the Cinderella story is present in almost every society. No to vampires, but I can't wait to see Blade: Trinity

AppleDave

Do you actually have to ask that question, has anyone seen a vampire?

..........Don't answer that

jkrupa128

That count chocula is a scary fellow...

post-92-1089864006.jpg

burnsflipper

I think that the first vampire myth came because of a romanian prince called Vlad Tepes, that killed his enemies by stabbing them with wooden stakes, and when it died, the people believed he would come back from the dead and drink their blood, and the only way to kill him was the same way he killed :) can't explain the garlic though :ninja:

Peter Aziz

Is there anyone who actually thinks they exist?

wutta F !?

moogoat

uh...no..

i wonder who voted yes...

[moribundi]
I think that the first vampire myth came because of a romanian prince called Vlad Tepes, that killed his enemies by stabbing them with wooden stakes, and when it died, the people believed he would come back from the dead and drink their blood, and the only way to kill him was the same way he killed :) can't explain the garlic though :ninja:

You mean Vlad "The Impaler" Tepes, who they loosely based the book 'Dracula' off of? He didn't just stab people with wooden stakes, he -impaled- thousands of them at a time on long wooden stakes.

In 1461 Mohammed II, the conqueror of Constantinople, a man not noted for his squeamishness, returned to Constantinople after being sickened by the sight of twenty thousand impaled Turkish prisoners outside of the city of Tirgoviste. This gruesome sight is remembered in history as "the Forest of the Impaled."
He was a horrible monster, but he was quite real...and he did it all in the name of the catholic church, no less.
Origin of the Name "Dracula"

King Sigismund of Hungary, who became the Holy Roman Emperor in 1410, founded a secret fraternal order of knights called the Order of the Dragon to uphold Christianity and defend the Empire against the Ottoman Turks. Its emblem was a dragon, wings extended, hanging on a cross. Vlad III?s father (Vlad II) was admitted to the Order around 1431 because of his bravery in fighting the Turks. From 1431 onward Vlad II wore the emblem of the order and later, as ruler of Wallachia, his coinage bore the dragon symbol.

The word for dragon in Romanian is "drac" and "ul" is the definitive article. Vlad III?s father thus came to be known as "Vlad Dracul," or "Vlad the dragon." In Romanian the ending "ulea" means "the son of". Under this interpretation, Vlad III thus became Vlad Dracula, or "the son of the dragon." (The word "drac" also means "devil" in Romanian. The sobriquet thus took on a double meaning for enemies of Vlad Tepes and his father.)

Twisted.Raven

Dracula is based on a real person names Vlad Tepes, also known as "Vlad The Impaler". He ate his dinner while watching the people being impaled, and he used bread to soak up the blood that formed at the botton of the impaling stick and well.. ate it. Dracula is born.

ZiGGA

I believe in people who bite other people and drink their blood. But I do not think there is such thing as a vampire. Unless they are the same thing, then maybe so... but vampires fly and turn into bats.. HELL the modern vampire can apparently cook a mean lasagne! mmm

Redestium
That count chocula is a scary fellow...

Good cereal.