Firefox Adblock doesn't seem to work

Is it just me but after I installed the Adblock extension, I still see Ads in Neowin, and yahoo and elsewhere.

What's wrong?

Currently using the latest Firefox build 0.92

dL

when you're at a page (that has ads), click the little adblock button in the bottom right of your browser and find the addresses that you suspect to be ads, select it (the ad image or iframe or whatever should start blinking with a red outline), add asterisks (wildcard) where needed and press ok. that should do it for you :)

It's not enough to install Adblock, you have to install filters so it knows what to block.

Not that I should be telling you how to block the #1 source of revenue for this site.

Personally, I have adblock installed but I don't block Neowin images, I only use it for other sites with annoying images and ads. Have to support Neowin :p

yea, i block most ads and have *googlesyndication* as one of my filters, but i dont block neowin or suprnova ads since they need the support.

Personally, I have adblock installed but I don't block Neowin images, I only use it for other sites with annoying images and ads. Have to support Neowin :p

I'm not sure, but would that help Neowin? Does Neowin only get paid when you click on their links or do ad impressions count?