Firefox 1.0 Targeted for September 14

Ben Goodger has updated the Mozilla Firefox Roadmap with the latest information about the path to 1.0. Development will remain on the AVIARY_1_0_20040515_BRANCH (itself cut from the Mozilla 1.7 branch) until 1.0, with three releases candidates planned. The launch of Mozilla Firefox 1.0 for Windows and Linux is currently scheduled for Tuesday 14th September. The Mac OS X version will be released a little later, following additional work to make Firefox fit in the Aqua look and feel. Further details about the updated Roadmap, including information on nominating blocker bugs, including information on nominating blocker bugs, have been posted to the Firefox General forum.

Source

Nice! It's great that it getting released before the 24th September which I am off on a holiday. :D

I hope this release improves the features in the current version and they fix as much bugs as possible. :yes:

nice! hey, does anyone know what the Help - help contents was designed in? My companies product is looking into expanding its help file and looking to enhance it as well and i kinda like what i see here in firefox, anyone let me know/.

:)

thanks

Mike

Well we got two months until 1.0. Everything will go smoothly if: no new major bugs are found that are complex to fix, more people download nightlys and test it out, if a lot more people file bug reports and vote on bugs, programmers make a patch and submit it for a bug that they found (this helps a lot because other people also test it out and then mark the bug as resolved if the fix works...pathc gets applied and, no more bug without having any of the devs spend precious time on it)