For people undecided About getting a MAc or nOT

Uh yeah... It's called VPC and it's been around for years.

They also have a Windows version. I use it to emulate Linux and WIN 3.11 :D :D :D

How about Empire Earth, Age of Empires I & II, MS Tran Sim, Ms Flight Sim 95/98/2000/2002, Combat Flight sim, combat flight sim II, Tiberian Sun, Red Alert 2, Railroad Tycoon, Capitalism Plus, and all my fav games from pre 1997 which are dos based, I own all those games and i doubt they will all work on a mac :D

i'm HOPING on getting a g5 next year n buy vpc so i can use xp n i'll network it (if i can) to my computer that i'm currently using so i can access folder n crud :cheeky:

Originally posted by neo1980

All decent games are also available on the mac

undying is not on mac

system shock 2 is not on mac

fallout series are not on mac

deus ex is not on mac

half - life is not on mac

its crazy to think of using a MAC and emulating PC's on it as ur primary comptuer lol! talk bout performance and usablity loss geez and as said before games dont work well (or at all) under VirtualPC or VMware (is there a mac version?).

WOO!!! 350 POSTS!!!

Originally posted by [saint dark]

undying is not on mac

system shock 2 is not on mac

fallout series are not on mac

deus ex is not on mac

half - life is not on mac

4x4 evo 2 is on the mac

age of empires 2 is on the mac

alice is on the mac

aliens vs predator 2 is on the mac

alpha centauri is on the mac

the entire baldurs gate series is on the mac

Civ 3 is on the mac

black and white is on the mac

deus ex is on the mac

diablo series is on the mac

driver is on the mac

giants: citizen kabuto is on the mac

red faction is on the mac

return to castle wolfenstein is on the mac

unreal tournament is on the mac

tropico is on the mac

vampire the masquerade is on the mac

warcraft 2 is on the mac

monkey island series is on the mac

and fallout is on the mac as well

do you need me to list anymore or have you kinda gotten the idea into your head that theres decent games for the mac?

The peformance of VPC5 on OS X wasn't particulary inspiring, I tried it on 10.1.2 with 1GB Ram and G4 and XP was pretty sluggish, some apps were also extremely sluggish. This was the deciding factor for me not getting a Mac.

in ref to Wickedkitten, do any of the hot ticket hightly anticipated games EVER come out for MAC first (only like months later) also when could u ever download pre-store cd images of games for macs online lol? macs have thieir uses, but d**n u have to look at the big picture... ;)

Anyone that saw anything about last months Toy & Games convention in New York would know that most major game developers are officially in love with OSX.

They are now starting to developing games for OSX and XP, sometimes giving the OSX platform priority.

This is a major change in thinking for the game industry. Since the dawn of time (...), game makers have always developed for the PC as the priority, then ported the finished game to Mac a few months later, as they had time.

So anyone that is giving the Mac OSX platform a hard time because of games, you may be eating those words this time next year...

(I can't wait until the G5 is out -> I want one as my first personal Apple system)

Originally posted by deadzombie

Anyone that saw anything about last months Toy & Games convention in New York would know that most major game developers are officially in love with OSX.

They are now starting to developing games for OSX and XP, sometimes giving the OSX platform priority.

This is a major change in thinking for the game industry. Since the dawn of time (...), game makers have always developed for the PC as the priority, then ported the finished game to Mac a few months later, as they had time.

So anyone that is giving the Mac OSX platform a hard time because of games, you may be eating those words this time next year...

(I can't wait until the G5 is out -> I want one as my first personal Apple system)

everyone is in love with osx! :evil: