[Express] Problem with ASP.NET Configuration

Question

I have Microsoft Web Developer Express. I am trying to set up one of their Personal Web Site Starter Kits. After all the files have been loaded into the IDE, I tried to create a new administrator user (as the tutorial suggests) by going to Website -> ASP.NET Configuration.

At that point TWO mini-servers pop-up in my taskbar. I am assuming that the first one hosts my site temporarily (which is a cool feature) and the other is for the Configuration thing I am trying to open.

However, no pages or anything open after that.

I tried opening IE and punching in the URL that is on the second mini-server (eg. http://localhost:port/asp.netwebadminfiles) and while that does open a ASP.NET Configuration page, it gives me this error:

"There is a problem with the application you are attempting to administer. Please check the spelling of the URL you used to access the web admin tool and confirm that your application is properly configured in IIS. "

What am I missing here?

Thank you in advance...

2 answers to this question

I had a problem similar to this. If you don't use IE as your default browser, set WebDevExpress to open pages in IE. Double-click an ASPX file, click on "Browse With..." and set Microsoft Internet Explorer as the default (this will change just the WDExpress default, not your system default. Hopefully that will clear it up.