FireFox Vs Internet Explorer

Is Firefox Better than IE?  

205 members have voted

1. 1. Is Firefox Better than IE?

• Internet Explorer
    • Firefox

I don't know if I used this Poll Correctly but anyway,

I downloaded Firefox and have been using it. I see that it is a little slower, but the graphics show about the same.

I just wanted some opinions on it.

Thanks.

(if there has already been a poll, I aplolgize for this in advance.)

this is just going to be another flame thread i think and ive heard way too many.

but ill put some reason in at least

i use internet explorer because it is intergrated into windows

but for web browsing only, firefox i like for tabbed browsing

NOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooo i betrayed by browser by accidently voting IE :cry: :cry:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Anyway I voted for the Fox (Y)

just freakin great...I run over a fox today, kill it, blood and everything all on front of car and underneath and now I get home and vote against Firefox....not good!

just freakin great...I run over a fox today, kill it, blood and everything all on front of car and underneath and now I get home and vote against Firefox....not good!

Could be that you were trying to forget it and you thought the question was ....did you kill a fox today or looked at IE... :woot:

'Fox is IT. By the time a new version of IE comes along, it'll be crippled by new exploits and hack methods, and the 'Zilla's will have already thought to protect against them. :D

'Fox is IT. By the time a new version of IE comes along, it'll be crippled by new exploits and hack methods, and the 'Zilla's will have already thought to protect against them. :D

what OS do you use.

Most people that use windows(all) use IE. My friends use everything from MSN Explorer to Netscape, mozzilla. However, they all use Windows.

The difference I see is the management of favorites...tabbed browsing etc... :yes:

this is just going to be another flame thread i think and ive heard way too many.

but ill put some reason in at least

i use internet explorer because it is intergrated into windows

but for web browsing only, firefox i like for tabbed browsing

so far no flame.... :whistle:

wow... another thread...

anyway, firefox :)

yeah...i said i was sorry about that :rofl: ...but any way...why do you like it better....

Firefox is *NOT* slower than IE, don't make the mistake of thinking it is; it's actually much faster. Not only has it been documented and explained detail that the Gekko (sp?) engine that FireFox/Mozilla is based on renders text BEFORE images and therefore loads pages faster than does IE which tries to renders images THEN text before displaying the page at all, but I myself tested them both out simultaneously when I first downloaded Firefox, and it does indeed load the page much faster than IE.

Firefox seems a lot more secure, but I just don't like it (although I do like the tabbed browsing) I am sticking to my IE

I didnt like it either at the start but I got a Luna theme for it and now it looks like IE but we'll only better :yes: :D

This is the second of these threads TODAY. Get the **** over it and choose whatever you like best.

:x you got all day to look at these threads? some of us are a little busy and don't get the time to see it all...sorry you feel that way dude. :ninja:

I voted for Firefox.

I like it because:

- stops most of the annoying popups (no need for extra programs to do this ...)

- has tabs (ah, great feature)

Firefox seems a lot more secure, but I just don't like it (although I do like the tabbed browsing) I am sticking to my IE

what about the tabbed browsing?

can't you do that with IE by creating a links folder? putting the links in it and putting on IE? :blink:

I voted for Firefox.

I like it because:

- stops most of the annoying popups (no need for extra programs to do this ...)

- has tabs (ah, great feature)

sp2 update for IE does that....its faster than firefox and whats with the tabs?

:blink: