Haystack (Eclipse) Webbrowser

I hope this hasn't been posted yet.

http://haystack.lcs.mit.edu/staging/eclipse-download.html

screenshot.png

Cool looking! :)

I'm going to try it later today

System Requirements

Please take note of the following system requirements for Haystack on an Intel PC:

* Pentium III 700mhz-based computer or better (Pentium 4 2ghz strongly recommended)

* 512 megabytes of RAM (768 megabytes strongly recommended)

* Windows 2000, Windows XP

* At least 1 gigabyte of disk space (or more, as your repository grows)

* Java 2 Development Kit (JDK) 1.4

Edited by Hidea

Well, the organising photo albums and playing music sounds interesting but it's got high system requirements (512ram?!?!) and it has been reported as slow...

Do you know what engine is uses? Just by looking at it, I would say IE.

Err....No, it uses the Java SDK. I tried it and it was okay. But it was sluggish on a 1.5GHz with 1GB RAM. I hate that such software makes the system sluggish even when having a fast system.

I also used the mail system. It is also sluggish not to mention its insane system requirements. I wish that there was something similar to this that used less resources.

it's asking for a 2.0 GHz....

System Requirements

Please take note of the following system requirements for Haystack on an Intel PC:

* Pentium III 700mhz-based computer or better (Pentium 4 2ghz strongly recommended)

* 512 megabytes of RAM (768 megabytes strongly recommended)

* Windows 2000, Windows XP

* At least 1 gigabyte of disk space (or more, as your repository grows)

* Java 2 Development Kit (JDK) 1.4

Edited by Hidea

Err....No, it uses the Java SDK. I tried it and it was okay. But it was sluggish on a 1.5GHz with 1GB RAM. I hate that such software makes the system sluggish even when having a fast system.

That explains it. Java apps tend to be pretty damn slow.

I don't know if it's the webpage that's being viewed or the fact that I don't know a thing about it, but that whole screenshot confuses me.

Lol - under Caveats - "Haystack is slow". Even for Java, these requirements seem a bit much for a browser. I don't think too many people would be interested in features that use that many resources. So, who are they targeting?