Picture In Start Menu..

Its no big deal but I was just wondering if there was anyways to get the picture back that has to do with my User name, when I make it so there is no longer faster user switching (like in win2k) the picture goes away...

Just wondering if i can get it even with the win2k style of ctrl alt del...thanks

i know what he means.

in the RTM if your the sole user you can't have a pic in the start menu as far as i'm aware.

:(

No, you're all wrong. If he uses the traditional logon screen, instead of the Welcome menu, then he won't get the picture in the NEW start menu. You have to use the Welcome screen to get the pictures.

- brad

Your picture appears in the start menu if you are the only user [or at least it does for me].

It won't appear if you use the grey Windows theme.

Or are you talking about the welcome screen where when you only have one user it auto logs in and you don't have to click the picture???

I think he means the blue initial logon screen and not the start menu.

If your the sole user on the machine and want to have Windows stop at that screen and not log you on automaticially simply assign a password to your name, it will then stop there and ask you to click the name and enter the password.

If your the sole user and no password is set, the logon will flash the blue welcome screen and log you on right to the desktop.

To achieve the ctrl-alt-del that was in Windows 2000 you need to enable the classic logon process that was in Windows 2000. You can do this through the User Acccounts applet in Control Panel.

If you do turn this on, it will disable the welcome screen and thus will disable the display of a picture by your user name on the start menu. I do not know of a way to display the picture with the classic logon process enabled.