how often do u back up your computer?

Slimy

I was just wondering. I use ghost and almost always save myself after a problem. How bout u?

[ timko ]

I use ghost too. However what I do is this...

Main partition that houses windows and about half a dozen KEY programs and data that I would want to have access to in the event that the rest of the system fugs up. (4Gb partition)

I have 3 other much larger partitions (collectively totalling four hundred and 6 gigabytes [406gb]) that have other non crucial data (eg installed programs, games, vides, music etc).

Prior to making a potentitally system breaking (or at the very least unstable to an extent) I *ONLY* backup the main partition. At only 4Gb in total it doesn't take very long and makes more sense than backing up all 410Gb+ since not all of it is essential data :)

Slimy

i do the same thing, but i'm asking how OFTEN?

AmpCoder

I don't really backup my data. I just save important files to another HD seperate from the one Windows is on.

dreamz

i copy to a secondary drive about once a month.

Mister Lamar

Store all the important stuff on the secondary Hard Drive..............

slyph

i never backup my computer until minutes before im about to format my c drive then i just copy over favorites and stuff to one of my other 3 hard drives.

Brandon

almost never

Xer34

Never ;)

I just save everything to another HD.

jymi

everyday, i have a spare 120GB HD and i just transfer all the significant data on to it

TrickFinlay2

almost never

e4ymod

On my server, I have two identeical hard drives using a RAID 1 Mirroring Configuration for fault tollerance and on my workstations I use VERITAS software every night at 3:00am. On my laptop, i don't use anything cuz anything important goes into my network drive on my server.

gazebee_

i back up periodically on cds and using Roxio's stuf

[ timko ]
i do the same thing, but i'm asking how OFTEN?

Okay, calm down... geez.

I did actually say that I only do it prior to making potentitally system breaking (or making unstable etc whatever). For me, typically these would be when new Catalyst drivers, Nforce drivers appear. I also do it prior to uninstalling service packs and installing new ones. I don't do it at any other times. Since I install the new Catalyst drivers everytime new ones come out (which is monthly) that's regular enough for me.

digitalslacker

daily

Colin-uk

about twice a year or somthing

i just copy and paste my HD onto a DVD :yes:

laz45

Never I just have 2 partitions one for important data like Music, Pictures, and Games and the other partition for Windows XP

Menge

i save my files to a separate HD. and every month or so, i copy to ANOTHER HD too.

i used to have a shutdown script that ran and copied it automagically. but lately i haven't shut down my computer lots so i reitred it lol

Stonkwell Bogtrotter

Just backed up about 10 mins ago after seeing this thread :)

Usually do it every 2 weeks onto DVD.

Danimal

Not often enough, I need to do it when I get home from work today.

Slimy
Just backed up about 10 mins ago after seeing this thread :)

Usually do it every 2 weeks onto DVD.

glad i could help :D