3 little questions

Ok, you know how since Mozilla 1.7 it could save the files right where you tell it to, and not in some temp location and then move. Is there a way to make Firefox do the same?

Also there used to be a plug-in that would ensure that the url got pasted in a new window when you click on the link, becouse by default if it fails to load the page, it won't show the link. I can't seem to find that thing anywhere, and I don't even recall the name.

Finally, sometimes when I minimize the browser, but something updates/loads on the page, the browser pops right up, is there a way to prevent that?

Thank you for help!

1. Options/Downloads. Check "Ask me Where to save every File"

2. I think this is what you want

http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?showtopic=101

3.Options/Web Features/Javascript/Advanced

Untick everything except "Change images"

Thanx on 2 and 3 :) , but I think I described #1 poorly, I can see why you would suggest what you did. But my problem is a bit more complex. When you start download it won't start putting the bits right where you tell it, instead it puts them in some temporary location (old mozilla used C: drive) and then when it's done, it would move the complete file to where you originally told it to go. But I may not have enough space on C: or whatever drive it uses for temp (ex. Lineage 2 beta over 1 GB). So in Mozilla 1.7+ it puts everything right where you tell it, say D:\download\ nothing goes anywhere but there. Firefox clearly doesn't do that as there is no temp file or anything in the destination folder until the download is done.