what will be the final name of Longhorn?

I doubt it will be named Windows 2006, it is kind of lame. I expect it to follow of routes of having two letters to represent it like XP. Something like Windows RX (Revolutionary eXperience).

I dont know but i thin Windows Server 2003 has a good naming stratagy going for it so

Windows Client 2007 doesnt sound bad neither does

Windows Client 2007 Media center edition or

Windows Client 2007 Home

Professional

Tablet PC edition

I personaly hope they kep that going regardless :yes:

Windows NX

Windows LX

Windows SE

Windows UX

Windows SX

Windows 6000 SUX (Robocop Anyone?) heh

"It's back! Big is back, because bigger is better than ever! 6000 SUX: An American Tradition! (8.7 MPG)"

Dunno it might be Windows XP Version 2006 just a guess though

Longhorn sounds better than most suggested here IMO......but I guess it would be good if they continued with the dates instead of XP, ME, NT, etc.

Plus, it will be easier to remember back when Microsoft rule the world in the future and Bill Gates is still alive in the year 3040, cryogenically preserved with an exact replica of him controlling the company (and therefore the world). That way, our great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-grandchilderen won't have to say "Guess what, Windows TJNGJDBG is out!"

Sure, that took things a bit far but you gotta think of in the long run. :D

I hate stupid names for different versions of the same product. I hope they name it Windows 6.0 because that's what it is.