what will be the final name of Longhorn?

Windows OH (over-hyped)

Windows MSM (More Stuff Missing)

Windows MOMH (Mountain Out of a Mole Hill)

I seriously believe that Shorthorn will be another over-hyped blunder like Windows 95.

I don't feel like reading all 31 pages (at the time of posting) sorry if this has been already posted....

Howabout Windows 190 (Since they say Longhorn is going to be just as big as 95 was, 95 x2, get it?)

umm lets see here, I think from what i've seen in the leaks of Longhorn... Microsoft may be dropping the Windows name all together. If you'll notice on the loadup screen for Longhorn it says "Microsoft Codename Longhorn"

Windows XP Service Pack 3

that's a good name i've heard around the net

Microsoft Longhorn

Windows Longhorn

those would be nice if they would just stick with it

Windows <incert gay abbreviation here>

this is prolly what we'll end up seeing

umm lets see here, I think from what i've seen in the leaks of Longhorn... Microsoft may be dropping the Windows name all together. If you'll notice on the loadup screen for Longhorn it says "Microsoft Codename Longhorn"

This is what you base your assumption on!?! Refresh my memory, Whistler refered to as Whistler and not Windows Whistler?" Gee uh duhh.
Windows XP Service Pack 3

that's a good name i've heard around the net

Where you see that? Apparently they didn't read that MS was quoted as saying that an XP SP3 was very likely before the release of shorthorn.

Whatever it's called there will be plenty of Microsoftites camping out to grab the "very first copy".

Microsoft Windows Enchanced eXperience Client Operating System 2006 built on Longhorn Technology.

In all seriousness [Productname] [Year] is the best system. Whilst Windows 2006 sounds rather dull, it avoids confusion and doesn't make naming future versions a pain.

If they go for something like Windows NG [Windows Next Generation], what will they do when it's old news in 2012? Call the new windows version "Windows ENG [Even Newer Generation]"?. This will only cause confusion. I can see people in 10 years trying to figure out if NG was before or after NX, and if the 2010 version was supeceeded by XT or GX.

Windows ME, Windows XP, Windows NG.... noone can complete the sequence or know what the release order was from simply looking at the product names.

Edited by Zone-MR

Windows 2006 Client Edition v1

with everything they left out to met their timeline

Windows 2006 Client Edition v2 ,v3 and so on instead of release or reloaded names or service packs. :rolleyes:

Heh! How about:

- Windows 2912 (because that's when it's likely to be released)

- Windows OMG

- Windows :x

- Windows TOMBG [Optimist Edition] (This One Might Be Good)

- Windows IBDSEN (I'm Bored, Do Something Else Now)

Shouldn't it be about time ... when Microsoft stops naming their OS by years? Just call the operating system "Windows Longhorn" i'd say.

Also ... I reckon Nokia should stop naming their phones with 4-digit numbers ... (they're bound to run out sometime)

Also ... I reckon Nokia should stop naming their phones with 4-digit numbers ... (they're bound to run out sometime)

584796141[/snapback]

only after 9999 models :p

Windows SSE

super sucky edition

584792334[/snapback]

Heh! How about:

- Windows 2912 (because that's when it's likely to be released)

- Windows OMG

- Windows  :x

- Windows TOMBG [Optimist Edition] (This One Might Be Good)

- Windows IBDSEN (I'm Bored, Do Something Else Now)

584793760[/snapback]

Why, oh why, do people even post crap like this? What's the point?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

MS Windows Professional 2006 (Pro Edition)

or

MS Windows Home 2006 (Home Edition)

or or or

MS Windows WIWE 2006 (Will It Work Edition)

:)

Edited by itianuk