what will be the final name of Longhorn?

Windows SC (Same ol' Crap)  :rolleyes:

Im actually excited, I can't wait till it's out, in like 2 years!

585264646[/snapback]

Actually it should be a little more then a year now. Sometime 1H 2006 ;)

And the name will most likely be Windows 2006 (Home, Professional, etc.).

I can't believe this thread is still alive. Doesn't it ever die? I'm sure every answer given has already been repeated at least once :rolleyes:

585264703[/snapback]

I was just thinking the same thing... there really is no point in this thread anymore. :wacko:

windows max p (maximum power)

windows UX - user experience

Windows Ins - inspiration

Windows Plus - power, luxury, user, system. (as in a tier)or just plus as in plus... lol

windows EGD - express, glass and diamond. tiers

edit:or just windows tiers heh

Might sound simplistic, but how about just calling it "Microsoft Windows"?

MS hasn't released a version of Windows without a version number, even as far back as Windows 1.0 back in '85. Why not do something that'd stir everyone up? Then again, marketing would crap themselves, since they couldn't market themselves outa that one.

Just a thought.

I think, the client will be Microsoft Windows XP Version 2006 (or 2007 if delayed),

and the server will be called Microsoft Windows Server 2006 (or 2007 if delayed).

Blackcomb will be Microsoft Windows XP Version 2010.

I still believe that Microsoft will get away from the two letter garbage. With the releases being as far away from each other though they may stick too it. I doubt we'll see a 2005/6/7 because of the release schedules. I do believe though that using the version number is smart because most consumers are morons.

I wouldn't be at all amazed to see Microsoft drop the Windows name completely and go with something different, just to stir things up. What better way for the marketing machine to promote this "revolutionary OS" than with a brand new name?

I really don't care too much though. Microsoft OSes are few and far bettwen on my network anyway.

I wouldn't be at all amazed to see Microsoft drop the Windows name completely and go with something different, just to stir things up.

585282285[/snapback]

:blink: They have invested a bunch on money to market that name. They will not drop it jus to stir things up.

Imagine intel, droping the little sound we all know, to come with some new.

People seem to forget that particular sound hasn't been around all that long. Things do change. Just because people don't remember doesn't mean they can't or won't do it again.

When you want to seem revolutionary you make changes. Look at Sprint and Nextel. Sprint Nextel is a place holder for a new name. It is after all a "merger of equals".