what will be the final name of Longhorn?

I don't think so... It seems way to different than XP to be XP.

586047849[/snapback]

err he was cracking a joke, people say SP3 because microsoft are dropping so many features from longhorn it might aswell be xp in most peoples eyes.

Windows.NET

2506074[/snapback]

I'm definitely a fan of Windows .NET, and I can definitely see Microsoft naming Longhorn that...

- WindowsTechie

it wont be .net as its not "nice / friendly" and will confuse non tech people ti will be something like "windows 2006" or "windows family"

Let's hope Microsoft puts out just one edition of Longhorn which includes all editions of XP (Home, Pro, MCE, TPCE), charges $99 and calls it

- Windows Forever (and since it took forever to make it) :D

- Windows Freedom :whistle:

- Windows 6 (I actually like this one better)

I'd love to it to just stay Windows Longhorn...at this point people have at least heard something about this "next version of Windows codenamed Longhorn" ...they would be stupid to change it now that it's been in the media so much. Consumers already recognize the name at least to some extent, otherwise they will have to go through the trouble of re-introducing a new name for it... just my $0.02

I'd love to it to just stay Windows Longhorn...at this point people have at least heard something about this "next version of Windows codenamed Longhorn" ...they would be stupid to change it now that it's been in the media so much. Consumers already recognize the name at least to some extent, otherwise they will have to go through the trouble of re-introducing a new name for it... just my $0.02

586059127[/snapback]

Very true. It would be easier for them and more convient for us to keep it as Longhorn. I like that name.

I never fully understood code names.

i think it should be called

Microsoft Windows Beta or

Microsoft Windows Hell or

Microsoft Windows Im Spying On You :/

well windwows is always buggs, crashes etc so i guess its still in beta :)